• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quite Concerned!!!

Princess Jess*

Warren Scout
I came home from work tonight after asking my OH to put buns in their runs!! I realised that only Mamrite (male) was in his run and Minka (female) was not :? The OH said he tried to get her to come out...but he couldn't get her :oops: I just thought he was exaggerating!!

BUT...I've been out there for the last 30 minutes trying to get her out of her hutch!!! She is making really weird noises...bit like a whining noise :cry: why is this??? I'm really quite worried!!!

yes...about 4 and a half weeks ago :) they live seperately!! but about 2 and a half weeks ago...he did catch her for about 2 secs when he escaped!!!!! do you think she's pregnant!?!?!?! my vet said she couldnt be :cry::cry:

yes...about 4 and a half weeks ago :) they live seperately!! but about 2 and a half weeks ago...he did catch her for about 2 secs when he escaped!!!!! do you think she's pregnant!?!?!?! my vet said she couldnt be :cry::cry:

It is possible, especially if you are not certain of her age ie could she be older than 14 weeks?
It might be a pseudopregnancy though.

You do need to get her out of the hutch to check her over.
Has she poo'd and is she eating?

She's definitely that age :oops: well atleast thats what I was told!! She was 10 weeks when I rescued her!!

She is pooing normally and eating as normal :cry: I'm really quite worried!! She's making verty strange noises when I go near her!!

I would say it's unnlikely, but not unheard of for her to be pregnant, but I agree with Jane in that it could be a false pregnancy, and also that it's really important that you get her out and check her over because when you do that you might find something obvious as to why she is acting different.

I got her out :D I had some tea and then went out and she was completely normal again :? I'm not sure if maybe the OH scared her or not!! :oops: can't imagine he would...but she's not really seen him before!!! I checked her over and she seems ok...even had a feel of er tum and it seems the same as before!! What do you think caused her to behave like that?

I got her out :D I had some tea and then went out and she was completely normal again :? I'm not sure if maybe the OH scared her or not!! :oops: can't imagine he would...but she's not really seen him before!!! I checked her over and she seems ok...even had a feel of er tum and it seems the same as before!! What do you think caused her to behave like that?

The behaviour you describe is typical of that of a pregnant Doe or one having a pseudopregnancy.

:oops::oops::oops::oops: I hope she's not pregnant!!! I'd feel awful :cry::cry::cry: If she is...how soon after pregnancy can she be speyed?? I have her booked in for 5 weeks time?

:oops::oops::oops::oops: I hope she's not pregnant!!! I'd feel awful :cry::cry::cry: If she is...how soon after pregnancy can she be speyed?? I have her booked in for 5 weeks time?

If it was 2 weeks ago that the Buck caught her she could have about another 16 days before kindling. She'd then be feeding the kits for 6-8 weeks, during which time she could not be spayed. The spay could be done a couple of weeks after the kits are weaned and she is no longer lactating.

It is probably a pseudopregnancy but I would take her to you Vet to be examined. An emergency spay may be suggested which would of course terminate any pregnancy should there be one. An emergency spay cant really be done too much futher into the gestation period than she is now, if she is pregnant.

Would they know by examining her if she is pregnant?

Depends on how experienced your Vet is at palpating a Does Uterus !!
If Vet has Ultrasound facilities that would be another way to tell.

It is more likely that the Doe is having a pseudopregnancy but its not absolutely impossible for it to be a 'real one'

Back