• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bun

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Had a boy dropped off last night, in a disgusting hutch, about an inch of **** at the bottom, no bedding, not even any hay. Bottle smothered in algae, as was the spare bottle. All he had in the hutch was a carrot and a red pepper! :shock:. Flat cardboard box taped on the top of the hutch as he had "eaten his way through the roof" :? Despite the top being dipped down like something fell through it?!

As i went to look at him, the guy said "Be careful, he is virtually wild (they have had him 3 years :?) he will attack you"

So i picked him up, no problem whatsoever. Guy filled out forms and left.
Looked into the food bag they brought with him, and all the food was clumped together through damp and mould :shock::shock::shock:

Poor bun :cry:

He himself looks well in himself though he is NOT happy in rescue and ha shredded all the newspaper and insulation panel of the hutch :shock:

Pics of him will come later, he is a beigey fawn lop called Alex :)

So sad to hear about yet another neglected rabbit. :( It is beyond my understanding how anyone could leave a creature in such conditions. Their empathy is just non existent.

Very glad he is safe now. Look forward to a piccie!

Look forward to meeting him tomorrow, will give him some nose rubs if he'll let me :)

They brought him in the hutch! When i transferred him to a nice big clean one and started pulling the hutch down the garden, he asked what i was going to do with it, i said smah it up and send it to the tip. Then he actually asked why i wasnt going to try and repair it :shock::shock:

Erm..... the roof is only secured and sealed by a cardboard box?! :roll:

I look forward to meeting the little chap and putting my foot through the hutch tomorrow :)

Poor bun, at least they had the sense to bring him to you rather than leave him in there even longer :?

Bless his little cottons (Alex's). I really don't know how you do it.....I probably would have smacked the guy one.
:censored:
Can I kick the hutch too?
x

why dont some people have the common sense to know that keeping a bun in those conditions just isn't right. :roll: at least the bun doesn't have to spend the next 3 years like it. Cant wait to see him!!

Hi Kris
Just seen this -thank god I had left you by then. I don't think I could have stopped Myself saying something:evil::evil::evil:
I really don;t know how you guys who have rescues cope.

Glad he's with you now - yet another trip to the tip for you!!!

Glad he's with you now - yet another trip to the tip for you!!!

It's already gone - Lou and I had great fun chucking the remains of old hutches like that one as far as we could into the giant crusher :lol:

Alex is such a sweetheart, he looks so perky and happy now he is in a nice, clean, large hutch.

(He has shredded all his newspaper though :lol:)

What a shame for the wee boy, at least he is in a nice new home now....well done.
Looking forwards to pics. xx

It's already gone - Lou and I had great fun chucking the remains of old hutches like that one as far as we could into the giant crusher :lol:

Alex is such a sweetheart, he looks so perky and happy now he is in a nice, clean, large hutch.

(He has shredded all his newspaper though :lol:)

Good for you - so pleased he is in good hands now!!!
Tell him we spent ages cleaning the hutch for him and hope he had fun shredding the paper we bought up for him!!:lol::lol:

Back