• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mike & Dickie - new chinnies

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Here are my new Chinchillas which I adopted off a local rescue RACR (Hopper on here), as soon as I heard that they were coming in, I expressed an interest in boys, as I have a lone male already... anyway, I went and collected them and 2 others, a female and neutered male pair... they were in a bit of a state - the previous owner had mental health issues, so they had been neglected recently :(
The male pair never made it to the rescue - I adopted them on the spot! :lol: I suspected that one of them had dental issues and a quick exam also revealed a prolapsed penis... I took them to the vet and they want Dickie to gain some weight and get in better condition before them put him under for a dental, so he is in need of vibes... although, on a good note, his willy has stayed in since they popped it back! :D
anyway - some pics: :)

Mike
100_0973.jpg

Dickie
100_0974.jpg

Dickie again
100_0975.jpg

together
100_0977.jpg

They're in the cage they arrived in at the moment, so excuse the bits of rust, wrong cage type and ply etc., but they're in quarantine from my boy for the next 8 weeks - then I'm planning something spectacular for them all! :D

Back