• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding advice needed please!!!

charlie82

Mama Doe
This is a little complicated. I bonded two buns a week and a half ago, it went very easily. The buck did a lot of mounting but the doe did not mind. It all went terribly wrong when the buck became ill due to excessive mounting :oops: He went into stasis, so I had to separate them while I nursed him.

Since trying to put them back together the doe now wants to mount him, as well as him mounting her. They get on well up until the mounting starts, and then it turns into a fight as neither are willing to back down. For that reason I can not leave them together unsupervised.....not even for a minute. They are perfectly comfortable with each other i.e flopping out, eating etc but it's just the mounting that is causing the problem!!!! At the moment I have them in the pet carrier next to me as they are ok together in there, obviously I can only have very short sessions in there though!

Is this a bond likely to work or am I wasting my time....

Back