• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foursomes!

Sam_Spice

Mama Doe
Great news! We now have a bonded foursome :D :D :D I havn't got any pictures yet (as I've lost my camera USB cable :oops: ) but be prepared for the minute i find it!! :D:D :lol::lol:

The problem now is that me and Sarah cannot move from our garage seats of our 'rabbit viewing gallery' hehe (will also post pictures of this haha) :lol:

I hate to have to go away this weekend but at least it will stop me from being tempted to increase their cage size or put them in the garden!! :oops:

Ooooh i love them all :love: and am very excited that they can now all go out together without us having to pen the garden in half :D Plus they will benefit from a bigger floor space with more levels for when they are in their set-ups :love:

Anyone else got any foursome pictures or stories :D I'm very over excited about this whole thing!!

mine made a lovely foursome :love:

but... and im not trying to dampen anything, but dont make any permanent adjustments just yet, as mine bonded fine for...over a month. and gradually, pebbles got left out more and more. but there wasnt any fights. but she wasnt happy and you could tell, but originally she was when i first bonded.

sometimes one can get left out despite it being a four. but i hope this doesnt happen with your guys :love:

mine are now back in their pairs

Had a foursome from March til December last year, when Roo joined them making a five-o! :D
So, who's in your 4? x

Abi has just very kindly bonded my four for me - much better than a three I'm hopinh no one will be left out now :)

Thanks for the warning :D we will defiantly keep an eye on them to see if any get left out or if anything happens in the future. They are in NIC set-ups so its easy enough for us to split the cage back in half if we need too. They have lived happily in pairs for since we have got them and all four of them have only been separated by an NIC set-up wall for months so they have had plenty of time to accept easy other (hopefully:roll::lol:)

Our foursome is Elsa, Joe, Spice and Ozzy :D

Three out of four of them have been fine together for along time (after finding out due to Elsa's amazing escaping abilities hehe) and it was only the two men causing the scuffles. So its not rare to look in the garden and see Spice, Elsa and one of the guys (although they would have started in pairs and Elsa would have mysteriously joined them?! :roll::lol:). But now the two guys seem to have accepted one another I'm hoping it will all go ok :D

I walked in about 30mins ago to see a nice 'sandwich' of them eating at the hayracks, involved Joe-Elsa-Ozzy so the two men were eating in the same litter tray, from the same hayrack which I loved :love::love:

suprisingly my boys got on fine, and i was worried about that. it was my little girly that got left out..

but i had dad & mum as a pair.

and then son + rescue wifey. and the rescue wifey got left out so i believe jelly n peanut knew she did 'fit'. jelly n peanut accepted domino instantly so i do firmly believe they knew he was part of their group. in not saying they knew he was their 'son' but they accepted him, maybe by smell or something.

n pebbles didnt fit.

suprisingly my boys got on fine, and i was worried about that. it was my little girly that got left out..

but i had dad & mum as a pair.

and then son + rescue wifey. and the rescue wifey got left out so i believe jelly n peanut knew she did 'fit'. jelly n peanut accepted domino instantly so i do firmly believe they knew he was part of their group. in not saying they knew he was their 'son' but they accepted him, maybe by smell or something.

n pebbles didnt fit.

sorry to hear about that, but that might work in my favour, as I want to bond my mum & dad with thier son & daughter .... fingers crossed x

I have a foursome of 2 boys and 2 girls (originally same sex pairs). They were bonded by the wonderful Janice from ARC.

They get on so well. Nobody seems to get left out so far which is great. It is so lovely having a group :)

I envy you all. I have four pairs and would love to get them into bigger groups but they all have strong personalities so not sure where to start !:?

I have a bonded 4 :wave:

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

bunsfeb09005.jpg

They now have a bigger food bowl :lol:

aww sam!!!! im pleased it wil lmake run time inside and out much easier!!!!! i did the initial homecheck for spice to have a freind ozzy... and al lthe buns are gorgeous im so pleased they are all getting on.. chloe(fatfluffs) must be really pleased to that ozzy has so many little freinds now :) bless them they really are all gorgeous bunnys :) lookng forward to piccys x

Our foursome is Elsa, Joe, Spice and Ozzy :D

is it 2 female + 2 male?

Did you bond 1 pair, then introduce a 3rd one, and after that 3rd one accepted by the pair, then introduce the 4th one?

Or did you bond 2 pairs, and then introduce 1 pair to the other?

Yep, 2 girls and 2 boys.

We started with 1 girl. Then we got another girl but these two just fought (even after being speyed). Once Spice was speyed I adopted FF Ozzy so those two have lived together since New Year. Once Elsa was speyed, Sarah adopted Joe from Alice at the Gloucester rescue centre, and they have been together since February (I think :oops:)

First realised Ozzy, Spice and Elsa got on fine when Elsa escaped one night and found the three together (and poor Joe on his own, lol). After that we tried Spice, Elsa and Joe who were all fine too. The only problem was the two men.

A couple of weeks ago we spent a good 6 hours bonding session in an old indoor cage. Began with the two ladies and Ozzy, who got on fine. Then added Joe who scrapped with Ozzy but not too badly. Soon removed the ladies as they were just panicking for no reason and getting in the way :roll:. Then took the gents in a ride in the carrier (which involved me walking them around the house for a good ten minutes, then my friend took them round for 10 minutes as i didnt have the car atm lol). They were fine in the carrier :lol: so put them back into the indoor. There was a bit of chasing but no fur pulling, and finally Joe backed down and let Ozzy be the boss so they all calmed down and peace finally! :D Then added the 2 ladies back and they all tucked into some veggies :D

I had to go to work so my friend supervised all night, they were fine. In the morning I made the mistake of putting them back into the large cage :oops: big fail as they survived for a couple hours then started running around. Sadly i didn't have the time to redo it and had to leave them in pairs again.

This weekend the foursome got back togther, same kind of process, no carrier, everything happened quicker. Once Joe backs down and lets Ozzy 'win' then they all calm down and get back to eating so as long as Joe doesn't get many challenging ideas we should hopefully have a nice happy family xx:love:

I am surprise. I thought the 2 female would be the ones who wouldn't get along w/ ea. other. My understanding is, the female are more dominant than the male, and they can't allow other female to share the same space.

KNowing you now have 4 buns bonded together, does each bun lick the other 3?

I had a foursome, and they did great for 6 weeks, and then Candyfloss decided she was going to divorce them, so I ended up with two pairs (temporarily, I'm now back to a three and a one after Candyfloss decided she didn't like her pair friend either, after about 3 months).

I also know someone who had a foursome for many months, maybe even nearly a year, and they also divorced.

I think it can be a bit more tempermental with more factors that can go wrong than a pair, but hopefully it will work for you :)

Hopefully will all stick together :D Its been 3 days to count with no trouble (except the evil eyes they give my OH as they've not been out in the garden since Thursday :lol:).

I've not been there since Thursday so I can't say if theres been any licking done but I am gonna say it will be doubtful, even when in pairs they rarely groomed each other (or at least not when i was watching! lol) Its normally the guy pushes under the girl and she gives in haha.

As for girl on girl, they definatly didn't get on when we first got them and before the boys arrived. Spice is the most 'give-in' bunny ever, she spent about 2 months here running away from Elsa, then all of a sudden she braved it and it turned into attacking each other. Since Elsa was neutured and has been with Joe, she has turned into mrs. oober relaxed even with Spice.

The winnng combo is that Spice always runs away and panics at the first sign of trouble, so Elsa may chase her a little, but with the big garden and Spice being alot smaller, faster and nimbler, Spice always gets away fine and Elsa gives up and eats again lol. Being in an enclosed space has also been fine, Elsa is completely unfazed by them all and lives happily with everyone. She so chilled! lol When she first met Ozzy she gave him one hard smack around the head then the pair were best friends! (Elsa is secretely the boss, Ozzy just thinks he rules haha).

Back