• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your mini lops weigh?

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie and Bubbles have just had a weigh in and thought it would be interesting to see how they shape up compared to all the other minis out there. :D:D

Alfie is the porker of the pair at 1.61 kg, while Bubbles was a dainty 1.25 kg - about 8 wks ago she was only 1.1 kg but had probably lost a little weight before then because of dental problems.

What do yours weigh? Alfie's worried he might be fat. :oops::lol:

Storm and Mallow weight 2.2 Kgs each. They are nearly 2 years old now so should be fully grown!

Honey weighs 1.85 kg :oops: I don't think Alfie needs to worry.

:lol::lol::lol: Alfie's feeling super slim now. :lol: Both my buns are about right for their size I think - they don't feel either plump or skinny and boney (sp?).

None of the bunnies who have been brave enough to share their weight so far look plump either, so it's interesting to see how much they all vary. :D

I don't realise how small my two are until I see baby dwarf lops in pet shops that are already bigger than my buns. :shock:

This is Dill on the right
15032009332.jpg

honey is not a mini lop cross probably & is about 2.2kg. She should be 1.8 - 2kg :shock: & is on a bit of a diet.

Marsha is a mini flop, and she weighs 1.5kg. Casper is also a mini flop and weighs 1.8kg.

Henry who is a dwarfie is 2.5kg i think :oops:

I have 5 mini's all different sizes and shapes :roll:

Millie and Thumper the 2 biggest are 2.4kg and 2.5kg :shock: Not over-weight they are just right.
Gizmo the next biggest is 1.4kg and is a bit on the slim side so he is getting fed a little more.
Skye and Fudge both the same size, Fudge weighing 1.85kg and Skye at 2.2kg :shock:
My bf has been feeding skye a little too many treats so is on a little diet :roll:

Blackie my bridge bun was the same size as Fudge and Skye and was 2.75kg :shock::shock: He was the worlds laziest bunny and did NOT jump or run and even lay down and ate his food :roll: He lost alot of weight after putting him on a bunny diet and was 2.3kg

Just goes to show the differences....

My kasper weighs 7lbs or 3.2 k.
I thought i read or heard somewere that the mini lops in the US diff from the ones in the UK is this true?

Hes a bit rought over his back right now so were trying to get him some muscle

My kasper weighs 7lbs or 3.2 k.
I thought i read or heard somewere that the mini lops in the US diff from the ones in the UK is this true?

Hes a bit rought over his back right now so were trying to get him some muscle

Mini lops here in the UK are called Holland lops in the US.

I *think* (not 100% sure on this one) that the US mini lops are the equivalent of a German lop in the UK, and they're big bunnies, like Kasper. :)

Alvin is a dwarf i think weighing in at 2.2kg wasnt his weight the vet was glaring at me for tho when we went last.. Pearl was 3.2kg but i dont think shes fat looking at the breed standards.. how do you stop a rabbit bred for meat/fur putting on more weight that the vet likes :?

Pearl sounds like a bunny version of me - I only have to look at food to gain a few pounds. :oops::lol:

Barley is a french lop isn't she? If so, comparing her size to Dill, I would say he's a dwarf lop - dwarf lops are bigger than the mini's. ;) But he's still incredbly cute. :love:
Ive had Dwarf lops before & he seems much smaller.His ears are much smaller too.Maybe hes a dwarf lop crossed with something smaller?

Back