• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys in the sun!

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Im currently sitting outside with the laptop,watching all the bunsters play in the run! :D They look SO happy to be out in the sun,binkying about all over :D:lol:
I have a big flowery parasol which ive put up, to cover part of the run to make it shady! Do you think this is ok or does the full thing need to be covered ideally?
What does everyone else use to protect the buns from the sun?

I'm doing the exact same thing! lol!
My runs are partially covered which is fine as long as they can get out of the sun if they want to. xx

I manaaged to tempt Alfie and Bubb;es out of their hutch today and onto their run in the grass - I covered half the run with a big bath towel, but they've chosen to lie in the sun. :roll::lol:

I doubt it's quite hot enough to worry about sun stroke yet, especially up north! As long as there's shade and access to water they'll be fine.

There are quite a few people on here from Oz/USA/Canada - must be a nightmare for them at the height of summer.

What a gorgeous day though - let's hope this is the start of many!

I love watching my buns in the sun too. Its when you see them flopped over lazing around i just :love: it

:wave:peanuts having loads of fun in the sun , Daphnes just sat in the carrier bless her I think she prefers the luxury of the indoors bless the little princess :D

I just worry because Phoebe is a black bun so gets hot VERY quick, so im thinking prevention is better than cure! (and im cautious about the sun anyway being a red head!!)
We kept the flowery parasol just by chance, and its come in VERY handy! I stand it in the plantpot (instead of the water filled plastic things) which has alsorts of delights in for them to chop on :lol:

Last edited:
Im currently sitting outside with the laptop,watching all the bunsters play in the run! :D They look SO happy to be out in the sun,binkying about all over :D:lol:
I have a big flowery parasol which ive put up, to cover part of the run to make it shady! Do you think this is ok or does the full thing need to be covered ideally?
What does everyone else use to protect the buns from the sun?

My have free run of the garden so it is impossible to completely cover from the sun (and I wouldn't want to!). As long as they have some shade to get into if they want, they will be fine. My bun's love laying in the sun :)

Back