• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Hay suppliers in Barnsley?

HelB

Warren Scout
Anyone in the Barnsley area know any good hay suppliers? Now that it seems I have got a 'dental' bun I need to find some good quality tasty hay that they can excited about!

Mine love SS (only half a handful a day) but turn their nose up at most hay - they will eat supa forage excel/herbage but they never seem excited about it and they dont touch it that much. I seem to throw most of it away with their litter.

Help!

We're in Barnsley and am yet to find one we are happy with. TBH it's not worth the risk with farm hay, we've chucked so much it's been a waste. We get ours from The Dust Free Hay Company. We go and collect it every few months and stock up. The stalky hay is great for dental buns they go mad for it. We can provide you with a large bale(no small ones here at the moment) if you want to try it, it will keep you going for ages. Or you can order it from them direct on line.

We use farm hay from a horse feed supplier in Darrington at about£3.50 a bale all our buns pigs and chinchillas love it and never waste any

Back