• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant bunny needing home - U/D piccies added!

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
I've just had a phone call from a colleague at work regarding a giant bunny that needs rehoming. Her friend is moving to rented accommodation that does not take pets hence a new home needed.

She is called Phyllis is agouti in colour and is about 2 year old but is not spayed or has never (as far as she is aware) had any vaccinations :shock: so she will obviously need a good and thorough health check.

She is a gentle girl who lives in a wendy house in the garden (wendy house will also go with her along with a run). Free to a good home. She has asked me if I would like her but really as far as cost and time goes I shouldn't really have any more so I thought there may be somebody else on here who may be interested in the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire area. I would be prepared to help transport. If anyone is interested please pm me and we will take it from there.

Thanks for reading,
Emma x

Last edited:
Oh bless her - I have a real thing for agouti giant buns - I so wish we'd got more room, but I think our conti Emily wouldn't accept her :cry: Have you tried Kay at Bunny Hop Rescue ;) (Sorry Kay you might tell me off, but I know how much you love giant buns :D)

Also I'd pm SOAD all the details with a pic of Phylis & her set up, so she can post the details in rabbits in need. Good luck in finding her a new home.

Am off to see Phyllis this afternoon at 3pm so will make sure I get plenty piccies. Am a bit excited :oops: says to self *i must not let heart rule head*! What questions do I need to ask?

Oooohhh good luck ;)

What about asking if the current owner is prepared to pay to have her vaccinated & speyed or at least contribute to the cost of it? That might help rehome her quicker :D

That's a good idea. Worth a try isn't it?

Absolutely - if you don't ask you'll never know ;) Perhaps explain to her the likelehood of people on RU that may adopt her might want to bond her with another giant husbun :D Can't wait for piccies :D:D:D:D

You might get told they can't afford it - that's what we've had for at least 3 of our buns we've took in, but it's worth a shot.

I wonder if Phylis would go with my Gladys & Nigel;) all great names I am more than happy to offer her a home:D

Well you know I said earlier that I was going to try and let my head rule my heart? Well that seems to have gone out the window! I met Phyllis and she is adorable - a real little madam. It was a bit heartbreaking really as her owner really didn't want to let her go but her husband had died a couple of months previous and she couldn't afford the rent so had to move somewhere smaller. There was definitely a bond between her and bun. What breed of giant do you think she is?

Sorry Kayj, at this moment in time I may take her myself :oops: Even OH has okayed it! Am just going to look into costs i.e. spaying, vaccinations, insurance, housing etc. The lady doesn't have to move for another four weeks I'm going to do a bit of research. I will bear you in mind though! I have to make sure I am doing to right thing for the sake of my other buns. What do you think they will make of her?

Piccies as promised...

004-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

She looks like a conti giant :) She is exactly the same as my ronnie :love:

I cant blame you for wanting to keep her, id be the same, she is an absolute stunner!! :love: xXx

She's gorgeous !!! Looks like a conti to me - My Bungle is a small conti or conti cross and very similar :love::love::love: Giants are just so different to any other buns.... and to watch them binky is just the best thing in the world !!!

I would love to re home her shes gorgeous:love::love::love::love: but my contis have suffered from a bacterial problem which has caused abscesses to form from paws,ears now bowel,they all have died so far except Willow,he had an opp two weeks ago, even though I have done everything possible to save my babies:cry::cry::cry::cry: and I now realise its contagious so It wouldn't be fair for me to give her a home.I really hope she find a loving forever home

Last edited:
Back