• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lola is off her food...little worried U/D Back from vets relief :-)

stampz

Warren Scout
Morning all,

Woke up this morning and noticed a big change in Lola, she is refusing to eat anything...

Normally both her and Mimi and on their back legs eagerly anticipating their SS as soon as I get up in the morning. However today neither of them seemed interested, I manageg to get Mimi to eat a couple of pellets from my hand, but Lola just wouldnt touch anything.

I tried offering fresh hay, treats and even a bit of digestive biscuit that she normally goes crazy for, she just chinned everything in my hand and then walked away. She also kept jumping into the cage and just sitting there.

As I say I am a little worried as normally their pellets would be demolished within 2 mins but they were still there after an hour when I left for work this morning.

I don't want to be paranoid or anything but should I take her straight to the vets? Or maybe give her a little more time, maybe she is just feeling a little off today..

Obviously I will try to feed her when I get home again

Last edited:
Hi there

My bunny biscuit has done this about 3 times to me now, she will be fine the night before then the next morning she is hunched up and sitting in unusual places, her ears are cold, she won't touch her food even her fav banana, and she has urinated but no poos.

Normally her tummy is making noises, so firstly I get a heated pad and place it against her and I massage her tummy, and try to get her moving around so that her gut kick starts.

I do have a supply of metacam and forcefed at home just in case.

This time after 2 hours she was no better so made an appointment with vet for 4pm and also they said she could come in as an emergency if she got worse.

Well got really worried called hubby home and within 10 min she started to clean herself, eat like a pig and race around the room, that was last Saturday and she is fine.

I would get an appointment with a vet as it could be an underlying problem and you don't want bun to get worse during the night so I would get an appointment for after work today.

Good luck

Clare x

Well I am now home, she was sat in the cage where I left her this morning, I took her out and I think she feels a little bloated.

Still half a bowl of pellets left from this morning, which I have NEVER seen before, I guess Mimi was leaving them for Lola....

She seems to "look" a little unhappy to me as well, and doesnt seem as lively....any advice?

Obviously will get her to the vets ASAP just wandered if anyone had any ideas on how I can help her

Ok, been to the vets, she had molar spurs...just like Mimi did two months ago.

They have been filed down and she is now sitting in the run eating one of her treat sticks....sooo relieved...:)

Yey I love a happy ending! It's horrible worrying when they're I'll, feel like u habe to do something!!

Back