• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many Panacur rabbit tubes?

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Ok im going to try panacuring my 3.. they are both around 1.4kg each.. if i do a full 28 course for all three how many tubes of rabbit panacur paste would i need?? i cant figure out how much each tube holds :?

Buy the 10% Panacur Liquid.
Much cheaper and easier to get an accurate dose

Dose rate is 20mg/kg which is 0.2ml/kg

Each tube hold 15 graduations.
You need 1 graduation for every 2.5kg of weight.

So you will use 1 graduation for 1 bunny everyday for 28days.
So roughly 2 tubes per bunny. Although the liquid stuff is cheaper :D

Each tube hold 15 graduations.
You need 1 graduation for every 2.5kg of weight.

So you will use 1 graduation for 1 bunny everyday for 28days.
So roughly 2 tubes per bunny. Although the liquid stuff is cheaper :D

Is it 15 now? It used to be 18

I find the paste easier because i can put it onto a pellet, without utting it in their mouth. If your rabbits don't like the syringe in their mouth, then get the paste. I needed 3 tubes for 2 bunnies, so probably about 4 or 5, but I haven't calculated that.

the new tubes only have 9 gradations on...well thats what i was given last week from the vets anyways.

I haven't used the liquid but I like the paste because it's easy to use. :lol::lol: I squeeze the dose onto a basil leaf and then fold the leaf up and feed to the bunnies - it saves me having to handle them (which they hate at the moment :()

I'm sure you could do a similar thing with the liquid though - it's only a tiny drop you're giving after all. :)

jennyp - are you sure there aren't 18 graduations? On my tubes, there are 9 on one side of the notched part and 9 on the other side iyswim. :)

Buy the 10% Panacur Liquid.
Much cheaper and easier to get an accurate dose

Dose rate is 20mg/kg which is 0.2ml/kg

I can't remember what i gave them last time i used this.. if they weigh 1.5kg i assume id therefore give them 0.3mls each?

Does that mean that if i gave the paste they would be getting too much as one grad is for up to 2.5kg rabbit and mine are nowhere near that! :?

Does that mean that if i gave the paste they would be getting too much as one grad is for up to 2.5kg rabbit and mine are nowhere near that! :?

The 1 graduation is for a bunny weighing up to 2.5kg, so it's fine if bunny weighs quite a bit less. :)

Otis is on a 28 day course at the moment. He's having the 10% liquid and I'm mixing his with the apple or apple and banana fruit baby food to get him to take it.

I think if your buns weigh 1.5kg then you'd give them 0.2ml each

Have ordered 5 tubes of rabbit panacur to try this time.. only cost me a couple of quid more than getting a bottle so not really any difference.
Thanks for all the help

Back