• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel very privilaged for having see my hare give birth.

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
My Black Hare Isis was due today and she waited for me before she even started to build her nest i watched the whole process from start to finish it was breath taking im so lucky that i have such a trust built up with my rabbits
she even let me help with the cleaning up of the kits she really is the ''woman of the throne''
birthIsis005.jpg

the nest building
birthIsis007.jpg

birthIsis008.jpg

birthIsis010.jpg

Fur pulling
birthIsis012.jpg

the nest
birthIsis013.jpg

adding the final touches (fur)
birthIsis014.jpg

labour pains starting
birthIsis016.jpg

birthIsis017.jpg

someones arrived
birthIsis019.jpg

welcome little one
birthIsis020.jpg

little ones
birthIsis022.jpg

cleaning up time
birthIsis023.jpg

small feed
birthIsis025.jpg

cleaning the last of the after birth
birthIsis026.jpg

6 babies
birthIsis027.jpg

eating last of the after birth
birthIsis028.jpg

all done
birthIsis029.jpg

A Proud Mother.

Last edited:
Wow, what fabulous pictures! Congratulations Isis on your 6 beatuiful babies and thank you for letting us see this wonderful process. May they have long and happy, healthy lives ahead of them.

your so lucky to have seen that,i have seen a gerbil and it was awesome but not as much blood n guts tho :lol: piccies are a little :shock::lol:

yer thier abit goory but its actually wat happens not all spuzed up for the camaras like on tv :lol: im sure human births are proberly worst :lol: the birth was all done in a couple of mins humans take hours:D

Oh wow! those are amazing pictures! She is a beautiful bun and so trusting of you to giver birth whilst your there :D

That's amazing. :love: You must feel sooo priveleged that she trusts you enough to let you be a part of that! They're so itty-bitty and vulnerable looking when they're that small!

And Isis is stunning. :shock:

the hutch is so big i was vitually in there with her :lol:
she a very good girl and loves her cuddles and head rubs just wait till 14 days and thier be binking all over the place.:lol:

I got to see my doe have her second (accidental) litter. Was amazing to see and she let me handle them after they were born as she has alot of trust in me. Although when she gave birth there was not as near that amount of blood :shock:
Very graphic :lol:

Well done mummy bunny enjoy the piece and quiet while you can, before you know it they will be hopping all over the place :roll:

they are the most amazing pics! something you never think ull ever see! well done mummy bun and thanx for sharing :D

Aww. When i was little i saw my bun Tiffany have her babies, we didn't know she was pregnant, so it was quite :shock: It was over in minutes.

Hope mum & babies are well :)

You're so lucky! I almost got to see Sasuke's birth...from behind so I didn't see any kits:roll:
I just saw his mom working on something in the nest and then I had to go to class, but when I came back there were 6 healthy baby buns in the nest:D
I caught Aroma just after giving birth I think.
She was working on the nest when I arrived in the morning, I could see the newborns just in the door of the nest box. I left her alone for a few hours so she could relax and finish the nest in peace, but when I returned she had buried them deep inside the nest box to keep them warm:love:
I've seen a cow give birth though.

rabbits are ment to be quite secrative about giving birth ive seen it twice now but this time i was lucky to have my camara on me so i could share this amazing experiance.

Back