• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neuter wound help please

foofoo

Alpha Buck
Fudge was neutered a few weeks ago, I've been checking the wound everyday as it had been swollen and just discovered what looks to be a stitch coming out of one of his testicles :? A scab had been were the stitch now is. Tried gently pulling it but its not coming out, has anybody heard of this before?

I would take him back to the vet,the stitches should have dissolved by now,they are not the type to be removed.

When George was neutered, his stitches were dissolvable, and he still had them 4 or 5 weeks after neutering. When i took him to the vets, they said it was normal, and they would eventually dissolve :)

If they look sore/inflamed/swollen or anything, i would take him back. You could always call the vets and ask to speak to the vet on the phone for peace of mind :) xXx

you could always give homeopath remedy silicea which helps encourage foreign bodies out of the skin!

Couldn't get him to the vet today but he's booked in for tomorrow. He's okay, the area isn't swollen and looks fine apart from the big stitch sticking out :roll: Very odd.

Rabbit spayed, now limping - normal?

Hi, I had my bun Dolly speyed yesterday, she is fine today, eating and drinking lots other than her back right leg which she is limping on badly. She is only in a small recovery cage but definately has a limp. Could this be something to do with her wound? Also, she has not been shaved so it is quite difficult to see where the wound is without disturbing her too much!!

Has anyone else had this with their bun after being speyed? She is going back to the vet tomorrow for her post-op check so will ask then but am a bit worried about accusing them of doing something to her leg :?

Just back from the vets, they just cut the stitch and said the rest will dissolve by itself :D Worrying about nothing :roll: They didn't even charge me anything for it, I like my vets :lol:

Back