• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pesky Vet

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
My dep has taken one of her boy buns to the vets with concerns over his incisors. Normally the top pair go in front of the bottom ones (when biting down) and the peg at the back wears them down. Well, her boys bottom teeth were in front of the top ones and weren't wearing down. The teeth have been clipped a few times and the vets were adamant that the teeth were fine. She has paid £26 twice to be told there was nothing wrong.

She brought him in today and we only had to look briefly to know they weren't right. She took him to our vets that the store uses. He is now booked in tomorrow to have them removed. It was either that or continue to have them clipped/burred and they really aren't good.

How the hell can a vet be so blind to miss domething so glaringly obvious to the rest of us?

Very frustrating....

Goodness knows :roll: Some of em drive me bonkers :roll::roll::roll: If we can tell as non-vets why the hell can't they???? :evil:

So glad the little fella is going to get sorted though :D

My dep has taken one of her boy buns to the vets with concerns over his incisors. Normally the top pair go in front of the bottom ones (when biting down) and the peg at the back wears them down. Well, her boys bottom teeth were in front of the top ones and weren't wearing down. The teeth have been clipped a few times and the vets were adamant that the teeth were fine. She has paid £26 twice to be told there was nothing wrong.

She brought him in today and we only had to look briefly to know they weren't right. She took him to our vets that the store uses. He is now booked in tomorrow to have them removed. It was either that or continue to have them clipped/burred and they really aren't good.

How the hell can a vet be so blind to miss domething so glaringly obvious to the rest of us?

Very frustrating....

Same way as some appear to believe that Rabbits dont need analgesia as they 'dont look as though they are in pain' even if the Bun may have just had his/her teeth pulled out :roll:

Same way as some appear to believe that Rabbits dont need analgesia as they 'dont look as though they are in pain' even if the Bun may have just had his/her teeth pulled out :roll:

I know Jane - I'm just going off to bang my head on a brick wall :?:roll::evil:

Well, Snoop had his incisors removed today and the op went really well :)

The vet gave necessary stuff before letting him home and he's been sent with metacam as well for the first few days! :)

Back