• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Can my bun go out?

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
When can whiksey go outside? he is about 6 months old now- and stays indoors but goes out occasionaly when its nice. when can i let him stay out all day and night occasionally?

Do you mean let him stay out all night in the run or move him into a hutch for the warmer months? I wouldn't leave a bun outside in a run all night.

Last edited:
I would put him outside during the day regularly and then move him outside permanently. Once he's outside permanently though I would keep him outdoors every night. If you keep changing it won't do him any good.

is there anything i xcan do to stop him chewing the run....
hes never so much as bitten thistle hall - but only had the run 2 wks and already he has chewed all the edges

You can buy metal cornering in places like B&Q and Wickes. Drill a couple of holes in each end and then nail it to the corners of the run.

its the edge of the wood hes chewing not corners
he has loooooooads to chew lol - sticks treats etc
the run wood must be tastey

I feel like a bad bunny mummy now, my rabbits have always been outside, come rain or shine (or snow!) :shock:
They have a very large hutch with a run attached to it and I leave them to it!! If I, or my husband is at home they are running freely around the garden but at night, when we go to bed, I put them back in the run and they choose if they want to sit in the run or the hutch! Most of the time they choose to sit outside in the run (which has a cover over half of it to protect from rain) no matter what the weather is doing. Obviously if its really raining, they take refuse in the hutch but the cold doent seem to bother them at... in fact, they push all the hay and straw I put in the hutch out and prefer it sit in a bare box (apart from their litter tray)!!! My rabbits must be a bit mad! :)

Back