• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No humping!

willowholly

Mama Doe
Ive heard its part of bonding & also its the "season "at the moment,so why have my two no interest in hanky panky-not that I want my little girl deflowered.:lol:Is it because there is such a size difference between them,or do some buns just not do IT?Also can a castrated buck physically do THE deed,as dont know much about these things as never had a pair before.

I have two males, so I can't really help you there.

Do you have a fixed male and an intact female? Maybe the fixed male has no interest in doing the deed. Just a thought. *shrug*

Edit to add: I didn't know that it was part of the bonding.. but I do know they do it to establish dominance.. but if that's already been established, then they probably don't feel inclined. Again, I'm just guessing.. lol.. I'm new to all this bunny stuff! hehe

I think some of them just aren't interested. :lol: Alfie used to hump Bubbles when they were first bonded but he didn't start doing it again until recently. Yesterday was quite a bad day - I think he humped almost constantly. :oops::roll:

my first ever bond went off with not a scrap of humping, chasing or nipping.....They were both far more interested in chinning chloe & myself than each other & then eventually moved on to chinning each other.....they were back in non neutral space in half a day............

of course my next bonding came as a terrible surprise :lol::lol:

Whilst humping is normal, not all rabbits do this. Some do not have the confidence to want to be dominant.

Whilst humping is normal, not all rabbits do this. Some do not have the confidence to want to be dominant.
Oh good.I know it sounds stupid but I dont want to see it!:lol:B has been on her own for over 2years & she probably wouldn't want it either!

Back