• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed/run combination Pics

Princess Jess*

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:
I would really really appreciate some tips/advice on a rabbit house I have in mind please :) At the moment Marmite (dwarf lop male bun) lives in a two teir hutch with regular access to a 5 x 3 foot run :) Minka (fmini lop female bun) lives in a large indoor hutch in the shed with access to a 4 x 3 foot pen :)

Minka is being speyed in 5 weeks (today) and will be paired with Marmite a few weeks after that :bunny: fingers crossed

Hoping that all things go well..I am hoping to put them together in a completely new house design :) The idea I have is....I have a 6 x 4 foot shed with a 5 x 3 foot run on the side, which can be accessed through a cat flap. I am going to put Marmite's hutch in there as a base/home for them to snuggle in :) and use the top tier as a storgae for their food and hay etc. I would like to introduce a few levels to the shed....shelves for them to climb on etc. Has anyone got any ideas or photos of their own deigns/plans???

Thank you xx

Last edited:
Here is my shed/run

PICT0676.jpg

PICT0674.jpg

PICT0673.jpg

PICT0675-1.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions :)

That's look fantastic :) bet your buns :love: it!! It is very similar to the idea I've had...however the run is slightly smaller! I like the idea of having a light slope into the run from the cat flap :D

Do you have many levels in the shed for them to climb about in?

Thank you for the pics :)

No probs :)

Don't have any levels in it yet, but am planning to put a sort of shelf/platform thing in at the back for them to climb onto :)

They are all so impressive!! Did they take long to arrange the way you wanted them? Where do you get most of your supplies from? x

Bex...that would be brill :) My other half has been looking at these pics with me for ideas ;) as he'll be doing most of the work!! I have a slight dilema...the side of my shed is gravel...so thinking about replacing that with a better floor for buns...what do you think would be best? Cheap patio, wood or decking?

fab ideas :love: ive been panicking about putting my buns on just pathing stones and putting them on grass but they seem better on the slabs

Both my buns are happy on patio slabs :)...so think I'll probably put that down inside the run!! I'm getting quite excited about changing it all :D do your buns live outside all year round??

004S4020759.jpg

006S4020827.jpg

This is our garden :) The top pic is the garden when we first did it...and the second pic is our garden now :D so glad to get rid of the flower border on the left!! Anyway...the shed is the one where bunnies are going to live and the lieft hand side of the shed is where the run will sit. You can see that its all pebbles...what do you think is a good substitue for buns?

Spoke to my ex, he says to put the cat flap in there was a template that came with it that you stuck on the wall which showed where to drill holes, so he did that and cut the middle out with a jigsaw...hope that helps!

My buns are fine on the slabs, not sure how they'd be on pebbles :?
I used slabs because i figured the grass would get manky when i can't move the run about and also they could dig out or something could dig in.
I've also fenced off a grass bit around the run so they get some time on the grass but only when im around :)

Yeah they are outside all year round. In the winter when its real cold i put tons of hay piled inside the shed with snugglesafes etc :)

Bex...you are sooooo handy to know ;) I like the idea of packing them with tons of hay...do you buy it in bulk cheaply? I'm really looking forward to making their new home :D going to make a start @ the weekend!!

I get mine from dust free hay, they have a website where you can order it
Think most farm shop type places sell it too :)

Here's ours:

Outside (there is a run each side because we had two separate pairs when I built it)
14.jpg

Inside (animated to show how it all disassembles for easy cleaning)
newshed.gif

More details here.

Mopsy used to have the run on pebbles. It didnt effect her at all. I put a rug in there aswell, but she hardly ever chose to lie out just on the rug.

:D The idea sounds fab :D

Cool :D might see how they get on with the pebbles then...as they both lie out on them in the summer to get cool!! Can always revamp the idea if neither of them venture out there much!!

Back