• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Getting rid of'

hannah101

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:

I just wanted to vent how annoyed I get when I see an advert for a bunny (or any other pet for that matter) that owners want to 'get rid of'. What a horrible way to put it! Rehome would sound so much nicer. These people clearly never appreciated the animals they are 'getting rid of'.

Also, lots of ads on Gumtree etc state that people are putting rabbits/guinea pigs up for sale because they are allergic. Do we believe that so many people are allergic or is that just a common excuse?

*sigh* why do I look at Gumtree! :censored:

Hannah

I saw one yesterday and the reason for rehoming was that they had 'gone of' (I think they meant 'off') rabbits. Lame:roll:

Its so sad isn't it. I find many are for young rabbits, 12 weeks or so, and they say - I no longer have time to care for him - how long can they have had them and how shortsighted could they have been if this really is the case. Also, "the kids don't bother with them" who's the grown up here - take some responsibility!

There was a free add near to me a few months back where the rabbit was being rehomed as the owners had "changed their mind".

Frustrating beyond words but at least they were honest about it!

Ive just spotted one on Preloved saying they had bought a new pet (Dog) and needed to get rid of the rabbit as they'd gone off of Rabbits.

Can't believe some people can be so blunt and cruel. I just hope his GF don't just "go off" him aswell!

I know exactly how you all feel :cry: 3 of of buns are 'unwanted children's pets' - fortunately they came straight to us & not via preloved or anything worse :evil:

I feel like saying to some folks who have quite obviously given into the please of their kids wanting a bun - 'would you put your child on preloved if you had gone off them or with bored or they were too much trouble to be bothered with?!?!?!?' :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored:

That's why I can't go on preloved etc as it would just rip my heart out knowing how many unwanted bunnies there are that I can't help :cry::cry:

Lets hope they all better better homes. I try not to read a lot of these adverts as i'd end up buyig them all:roll:

Preloved is my annoyance .... breeders advertising youngsters one minute, then making out an ex-breeding bun is their beloved pet they can't keep anymore... Makes my blood boil and my brain swell with utter disgust!!!

Very Very closely followed by freecycle!

i've been on gumtree today and came across a hamster in the 'freebies' bit

Daughter too lazy to look after it so it is free

it's so sad that some people think it's right just to get rid when it becomes inconvenient to look after something that they probably bought for the daughter in the first place.

I think the majority of animals on these ads are unwanted presents the people can't be bothered with. Most bought by parents for children. So Sad.

:censored:i notcied this the otehr day, one advert on pre-loved was they have a baby rabbit that they got at christmas and the kids have got bored of it. :shock:

Back