• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 4 bunny's

Vixsbunnys

Young Bun
hey folks

i rescued a bunny a few weeks ago. Hes has been neutered and is all healed up so now i am going to try and bond him with my other 3 rabbits. Here are some photos
This is Wonka also known as Wonky
DSC01753.jpg

wonky meets Daisy & Bert
DSC01778.jpg

Wonky meets Bessie
DSC01783.jpg

Bonding will start tomorrow and will try and keep this thread updated as to how i get on.
Vix

Oh my god, too cute!

How many boys/girls??

I've got 2 bonded boys and have now got a little girl bun. I've had her desexed and she too is all healed up now so I'm debating whether to try her with Rogy and Barney (and risk upsetting their bond which is my biggest worry) and have them live as a trio, or not even try and get her a husbun.

I've only ever bonded 2 buns, and the last lot were sisters so it doesn't really count, lol. Rogy and Barney's bonding was incredibly easy, I don't know if I'm really pushing the envelope to try and add another bun.

Please do keep us updated on your progress, I'll be very interested to hear how it goes. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Good luck!!

bunny bonding 1hour in

OK so I'm 1 hour in. i have had 2 fights from the boys. the 2 girls have seemed to except wonky(boy) but will have to see how it goes I think i have given them too much space but it's the only place i had! Bert is now hiding from wonky and wonky is just exploring! but i think he does wont to be friends with the rest! OK will up load some pictures soon
Vix

buy a puppy pen around £25 and set it up neutralise the entire area. aslo make sure its been 4weeks since his nueter for hormonal reasons or 6weeks if any of the girls arent speyed in fact dont attempt unless everyone is fixed already. i would nuetralise it all with white vinegar and start over maybe? lay cardboard down if carpet even to take away the other scents. when you say fights what is happening fur pulling nipping and chasing is expected as is humping you need to let them do this so they can establish dominance... but if locking on and biting then seperate and give a time out within the same area. xx

bunnys

hey
so i had them together for about 3 hours and then i had to go out so had to stop bounding session. I know this is not a good idea but i could not be helped, started again about 8pm tonight. the first 2 fights were fur pulling but they just had a another there where wonky jumped on Bert which i didn't like the look of so gave them a verbal telling of which seems to stop them!

it's an update

so what has happend well Bert & Wonka got into a fight both have a bite on the back of there necks due to a fight, they locked onto each other and i had to pull them apart. So i decided to give them a break from each other. I will now have to rethink my bonding location and if i try bonding the boys by them self or do i keep all 4 out. so I will let you's know when i konw what i'm going to do!

Vix

hey update

Hi
Here is what happened wed night I cleared a space in my hall and made it bunny proof (Well I thought I had) took all 4 bunny’s out there and sat with them Bert was upset because I had picked him up but after about 10min he forgave me! That is about the time wonky came up to him and they had a fight. One of them squealed I have never heard that in my life I got such a fright I just dived in and got them separated, Bert had a little cut on his ear and Wonky a cut on his side but they were ok no blood! This was good! They kind of staed at opposite ends of the space for a while then wonky started getting closer to Bert but Bert would make a slight move and wonky would blot back to there other side! Daisy went up to wonky and they seem to get on really good some sniffing and cuddling! This was a great! Bessie went up to wonky a few times but she was more interested in escaping in to the hall, I had to chase her about 4 times! So now, I am about 3 hours into bonding but still Bert was chasing wonky away from him. At one point, I got out the sweeties and they all tucked in. Bert was so busy eating he let wonky sniffs his side. Then wonky tried to get closer and Bert lunged at him but wonky bolted and there was no fight but Bert took a clump of hair out of Bessie who was minding her own business eating at this point, I was oh my got Bert. This made me decides to give them a rest for the night! I start again on Friday night and there has been no fighting but Bert still will not tolerate wonky getting to close. Therefore, I will keep trying and hope Bert will give Wonky a chance, Daisy has accepted Wonky seen her lying with her belly in the air net to Wonky so that’s good and Wonky has tried to mate with Bessie even thought she would not have any of it!

I will keep you’s up to date
Vix

update

OK so it's been a while since i last updated this. but I've been busy.

so hear is whats happened. around the 15th i started letting wonky out of his cage to visit with the other 3, started off about 30min then he would go back in his cage then the next night i planed to give him 1hour, but after which it was look really good so he ended up with about 3 till he got in a fight with Bert so i separated them, to give them a bit of space that's when i noticed wonky had a cut on his shoulder and Bert was found to have one on his ear. i was upset, started thinking they would never bond so what was i going to do!
so they had a day off wonky didn't get out the next 2 days but then on the 3rd day he started biting the cage wanting out so that evening i let him out he started to avoid Bert, and this went on for about 3 or 4 days, still no fighting so this seems to have done the trick, a week ago i became ill and had to stay of work so was able to let wonky out from morning to night and still no fighting a few case's, about 3 days of wonky being out all day and being in has cage at night or when i was out the room and wonky is now out 24/7 with the other 3. Even better the last 3 night's Bert has let wonky eat of his food plate and sniff him but there is still a long way to go i think but they are on the right road now! I'm so happy!!!! it was worth getting ill just to have the time to do this! so here is the first picture of all 4 together

DSC02109.jpg

Back