• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cute/weird/funny rabbit pics

Maria786

Warren Scout
Hey I wanted to start a thread where we can post weird/funny rabbit pics random off the net or your own dears which live with you.

I will start first, just found these two hilarious/weird pics on the net. The first one is a massive rabbit, is it a giant???? :shock: The next one is an angora rabbit, never seen one like that before!

giant-rabbit2.jpg

angora_rabbit.jpg

Last edited:
giant-rabbit1.jpg

Just found out more about that giant rabbit:

Although the rabbit depicted in these photographs may seem almost unbelievably large, it is (or was) in fact a real animal and the images are authentic. According to a February 2007 Washington Post article, the colossal bunny in the pictures is a German gray giant named "Robert" who weighed in at at whopping 23 pounds (10.4 kilograms). The man holding Robert is Karl Szmolinsky, a long-time rabbit breeder who lives in Eberswalde, a town in eastern Germany.

Szmolinsky and his giant rabbits gained the attention of the media after he agreed to sell some of his animals to the North Koreans to be used in a breeding program designed to help alleviate chronic food shortages in that country. Because of the large size of the breed, North Korean diplomats felt that Szmolinsky's rabbits would be a good choice as breeding stock. Indeed, Szmolinsky notes that each of his giant rabbits can yield up to 15 pounds (6.8 kilograms) of tender meat.

In December 2006, a collection of carefully selected rabbits, including Robert, was transported to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Szmolinsky was later informed that the rabbits arrived safely in North Korea.

Sadly, what happened to Robert and the other bunnies after their arrival is somewhat unclear. The secretive North Koreans remain tight-lipped about the success or failure of the breeding program. In fact, Mr Szmolinsky later received word that the rabbits he supplied may have been eaten at a birthday banquet for North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il, rather than used as breeders as he intended. Thus, poor Robert may no longer be with us.

The email subject-line of this version of the message, "they're gonna need a bigger wall in china!", may seem somewhat cryptic to recipients who do not live in Australia. The line references a very popular television advertisement shown in Australia in which a father, struggling to think of a factual answer, finally tells his young son that the Great Wall of China was built to "keep the rabbits out". According to the ad, if only the dad had Bigpond broadband connected at home, he would have been able to give his youngster the correct answer. This clever ad and its follow-ups are very well known in Australia and the "dad" has become a minor celebrity. The following video of the ad should make the China wall reference clearer

The rabbit in my signature is one of my favorites. Here's the full size:

cookiethief.jpg

Some people say he looks like a muppet. :oops:

He's real and he wants to be mine! :lol:

I had that roaring rabbit as a desktop background before:lol:
Bunny_in_my_Pocket_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Some have Puppy In My Pocket, some also Kitty or Pony. I have Rufus in my pocket:lol: (Well he's far too big now:roll:)
Raiding_the_fridge_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Aroma can't wait for me to get her food ready (don't worry, that fridge contains only food for the buns and guinea pigs anyway)
Feeling_Watched_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Aroma: I'm feeling watched..
Pumba: RLY? I don't see anyone...
Puppylove_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Sasuke....no comment
Rabbit_jumping_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Jump darnit! You'll never win a contest with that attitude mister!
Zakura_playing_PS2_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

A pic I took for a contest in a game magazine on TV...didn't win anything.
My_leach_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Sasuke: come on mom! Lets go for a walk!

Comedy Rabbit Moments

Here is my darling Mizz, who has since gone over the Rainbow Bridge. Caught engaging in her favourite activity, eating.

PICT0004.jpg

And here is her husbun Rio, who we still have, engaging in his favourite activity, sunbathing.

DSC00917.jpg

Here is my darling Mizz, who has since gone over the Rainbow Bridge. Caught engaging in her favourite activity, eating.

PICT0004.jpg

:love: sorry for the loss, she is (was) beautiful

And here is her husbun Rio, who we still have, engaging in his favourite activity, sunbathing.

DSC00917.jpg

That's just adorable, bless him!!!

Back