• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm sure she's lost weight

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Just been sat with Nala on me for ages.. giving her a little massage and she went really relaxed.. i noticed whilst stroking her back i could feel every bump down her spine and her shoulders / hips feel really boney.
She eats really well.. is very active so I can't think why she would do so but im sure she was more padded a while ago.. :?

have you weighed her or woud it not make a difference as you dnot know what she was to start with?

Maybe its jsut her winter coat leaving making her feel thinner, i dont really know just throwing things at you. If in doubt get her checked,. have you checked her tum is it soft etc

Can you weigh her and then recheck her weight in a few days to see if she is actually actively losing weight.

Are her poos normal in size and quantity?

Is she drinking more than normal?

I'll try and weigh her tomorrow.. only way i can do that is to hold her then weigh myself and see the difference. She's always been the same weight so should be able to see.
Hard to tell how much she drinks as all 3 are in together.. usually theres not alot of water gone from their bottles so doubt she is. She eats loads, always has so i know the others dont eat it all for her too.
All the poos for all 3 are pretty much the same and i havent noticed any little ones lately.. in fact when i was combing her she had one in her fur near her bottom and it was a normal size :? btw she is probably around 6yrs old

If I could ask a dumb American question, what do you guys weigh yourselves on in jolly ole England? Kilos or grams or what? We do pounds, so it's hard for me to see a difference in my nethie because he's only 2.15lbs (.9 kg)

Thanks for enduring my silly questions. :oops:

I would take her to the vets if you are concerned at all. She does 'sound' underweight if you can feel the lumps and bumps of her spine, even if she has shedded her winter coat :?
Hope she is ok.

B was like that & I put it down to her watery veg intake[for cystitis] but since shes eating more pellets now since Dill's been here she seems to have put some back on.She was on a hay/veggy diet but maybe thats not appropriate for her.Will see how things go when i decrease the pellets when dill is older.

I have her weight from a few years back when she appeared to get a bit skinnier too, when i got her in 2005 she was 1.8kg.. after a couple of years when i thought she felt a bit thing she was 1.5kg... just weighed her on human scales with me holding her and its still 1.4kg. I dont give them many pellets but if i increase the pellets their poos tend to shrink and get gassy bellies.. since i reduced pellets well over a year ago now i have had no gassy belly problems with any of them. They get a handful of pellets between the 3 of them in the morning, also a big handful of dried grass each in the mornings, meadow hay all day, sometimes some brome hay or timmy or oat hay too. Then every evening they get a bit of carrot, cabbage/broccoli and a herb like parsley or coriander each. Between the 3 of them they only get through about 200mls water in 24hrs.

When i thought she was skinny before i weighed her every week and never saw her weight change.. my vet didnt think she was underweight just thought she was size. I dont think i could feel her bones like i can now though.
Maybe i should give her some pellets separately for a few weeks and see what happens with her weight?? just dont want to end up with a gassy bunny

Last edited:
If I could ask a dumb American question, what do you guys weigh yourselves on in jolly ole England? Kilos or grams or what? We do pounds, so it's hard for me to see a difference in my nethie because he's only 2.15lbs (.9 kg)

Thanks for enduring my silly questions. :oops:

dont worry its not a silly question at all! Ive weighed mine in both kg and lbs.. i only ever weigh myself in stones and pounds though cos i dunno what it should be in kg!! :lol::lol:

Just been thinking about this.. i think last time i tried worming them.. however never did a full course as Nala and Fifi get so very stressed out being handled and having to do it twice a day is really hard to do to them :? Maybe i should just do Nala and see if she improves.. she wont like it but.. what do you think? :?

Just been thinking about this.. i think last time i tried worming them.. however never did a full course as Nala and Fifi get so very stressed out being handled and having to do it twice a day is really hard to do to them :? Maybe i should just do Nala and see if she improves.. she wont like it but.. what do you think? :?

If she is eating and drinking normally and looks fine otherwise you could try worming her again. You only need to do it once a day ;). I find they take the rabbit panacur easier than the liquid. I am giving Alice a course at the moment as she had lost loads of weight and the vet could find nothing obvious wrong with her and she has definatly started putting on weight again. It also helped that I put Alice and Archie on the mature rabbit science selective which they appear to be doing better on :D

aah ok.. maybe i'll get some from the vets today then.. they are due their myxi at end of the month so if she isnt any better by then she will be seen anyway :?

Back