• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying advice

Mr Cookie Bun

Mama Doe
Well, I've been brave and booked Sooty in to be spayed. I'm terrified but I know I had to do it so she doesn't get cancer - and so I can bond her with Cookie :D So, what do I need to know about before and after care? When Cookie was done, he was trying to bounce off the walls a few hours later so I have no idea what to expect - i want to be prepared. My new vet also offers to keep buns in overnight when they've been spayed - would it be better for her to be kept in?

I have salways had bunnies home, I guess it's what you feel most comfortable with :D

I kept my two giant girls in a pen inside for 10 hellish days...i finally gave in and gave them what they wanted...there home outside! The longer inside the better i think, in order to prevent infection!

Fig is at the vets as we speak. I am setting up an indoor cage for her with blankets rather than straw/sawdust so its more comfortable and won't irritate the wound. She will stay in the cage for 3 days then i hope to be able to let her out on my bed and around my room. I won't put her out on the lawn for about 10-14 days, just in case. I have been told to expect to see her eating and pooing by late evening. Not an awful lot but as long as she's having a little nibble then its ok. Get a load of her favourite treats in (even if they're a little naughty) anything to get her eating again is good! I don't like the idea of her chewing her stitches out and i think she would despise having to wear a cone so i have bought a little dog jumper from ebay for her to wear to prevent her chewing.

Good Luck for next week! :)

Back