• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bike shed converted to a hutch?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
What do you think?? This, With a run attached too.
Has somebody done that one here?
cause im not alowwed a shed for the buns. :( Dad likes this... but i dont, i think it'll be a pain to clean!

Has anyone got any links to aviery type set ups? Because, thats what i *really* want. :lol: Thank you xxxx

Hi Mai.

I like the look of these, and someone on here has already converted on to a bunny shed (can't remember who) but it looked great.

I would consider doing one, if you can make mesh doors for the opening and then have the outer doors for weather/night time closure. Shelves in it too would be fab.

Helen :D

And the buns hardly ever go in it :lol: They just sit in the run all day. It has an aviary style run on the front:
side.jpg

The one I bought was shiplap and I would spend a little more to get a shiplap one
http://www.waltons.co.uk/garden-sheds-and-storage/waltons-bike-security-store-shiplap

B&Q do a shiplap bike store for only £100 but I can't find it on their website. It's not as tall as the one I got but I think it would still be suitable.

The bike sheds are good once converted but to me it seems like a lot of work and would probably be just as economical to buy a decent hutch and attach a run?

Also I can't understand them not letting you have a shed or playhouse but letting you do the bike store thing cos it really just looks like a shed if you ask me!

I thought you were getting a dawson's hutch or was that not you?

well, i was. But, dad think its to expesive. :roll:

Its not definate yet, this. But im looking for ideas really. What ever dad is agreeing on is to small, or i dont like cause its going ot be a pain to clean. We agreed on something like Netutopia's but, we missed it on ebay. :roll: So he told me to get looking for other things. x

thank you for that, its looks FAB timb0h.!!!

I like Estelle's set up, its that similar? I found pics

lol. Its really nice. :)

How would you add mesh to the doors? x

Ah, Estelle's looks like the B&Q one :)

To create mesh doors you basically buy some wood and make a frame about the size of the door and then just staple mesh to it. You may have to add some more wood to the inside of the bike store to give you something to attack the mesh door to, but it's basically just a case of cutting wood and screwing it together.

It's a nightmare choosing isn't it? I am hopefully getting a shed soon but have changed my mind so many times about what to get that I don't now dare actually commit to something in case I feel I've made the wrong decision! Good luck with whatever you get x

It really is :( It hard work! :lol:
I just want to get it right!! What makes it worse is that my parents dont agree on anthing i like! :roll:

Thanks Timb0h. I cant fin danyhting on the B&Q website. But ill keep looking.

I couldn't find it on their website either, or any of the other sheds. I think they only show them instoor now, that is where I saw it at the weekend :?

The bike sheds are good once converted but to me it seems like a lot of work and would probably be just as economical to buy a decent hutch and attach a run?

Also I can't understand them not letting you have a shed or playhouse but letting you do the bike store thing cos it really just looks like a shed if you ask me!

I thought you were getting a dawson's hutch or was that not you?

I think it is the height ... I have the same problem with my hubby! I want to bond my two pairs of bun's and when I do so, I will need a much bigger hutch for them to live in. I would love a shed but hubby isn't too keen (because of how tall it is - we dont have a huge garden) but something like a bike shed seems lower so could be ideal ....

cause im not alowwed a shed for the buns. :( Dad likes this... but i dont, i think it'll be a pain to clean!

Has anyone got any links to aviery type set ups? Because, thats what i *really* want. :lol: Thank you xxxx

I'd love to have that for my three!

I have this one and frankly, it's rubbish! Haven't even had it a year yet and the rabbits have practically eaten half of it. The ground floor hardly fits so there's a gap that runs along the front edge so that wobbles when the girlies are hopping around. The locks on it were rubbish and my dad had to add bits on. I could go on! :lol:

Back