• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie doesn't like me :(

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie used to be such a loving little boy towards me and I expected him to become less so after he was bonded with Bubbles. But it's got to the point where he won't even come upstairs from the run to see me - he's a greedy little pig and he won't even come up if I have food. Or, if temptation gets too much, he comes up, grabs the food from me and runs back downstairs to eat it. :roll:

It's even becoming a struggle to get him into the run on grass, because he won't come up from his other run so that I can get him out - and then of course if I do manage to get him out that just reinforces his view that he should hide from me because it means I'm going to pick him up.

He's happy in himself, it's just me that's miserable about it :( but just wanted to offload on people that would understand.

Aww AKren, bless, this happens to us all! Don't worry he will come back round, he may never be quite as snuggely as he once was but he will get better xx

Aww only Otis likes me out of my lot :lol: He should come round in time if he was a friendly boy before.

I'll swap you Alfie for Otis then, Fran. :lol::lol:

Bubbles likes me more each day, so that's some comfort. :love: Alfie doesn't really dislike me - he's just completely indifferent towards me. :lol::lol: Boo hoo! :cry:

I've just been sat outside their hutch/run for nearly 40 mins and neither of them would come upstairs so I can let them out onto the grass. If I open the lid to the run part, all they do is hide in the corners or run upstairs while I'm round the back. :cry::cry: Aaaaargh, how am I supposed to get them out? :(

Does Alfie licks his companion?

because I have the same problem w/ Bernie. Essentially the same behaviour as yours. He'll go for the treats, let me groom his head on occasion, let me scratch his cheek on occasion, but quite often go away after I groom him. But he loves his girlfriend. He licks his girlfriend, but never lick me. So it looks like he doesn't appreciate me because I always thought if he does, he would have lick my hand.

Alfie is always grooming Bubbles - when they were first bonded, she did all the grooming but now it's mainly him doing it. I think Alfie might have licked me once :lol: but he always used to love letting me rub his nose and cheeks.

I'm not really bothered about the fact that he doesn't want any attention from me, but it's more that he seems to not want to know me at all - even for food - that's a worry, especially as it means he won't even come up from the run most of the time. :(:( I just gave them breakfast and he waited downstairs in the run until I'd walked away before coming up to eat. :(

Awww bless you Karen - I know what you mean though - in our bunny brood, there's only a few of them that really love coming anyway near me :cry: Most of the others just leg anytime I go into their pens & just completely freak when I have to pick them up :?

Would it be possible to let them both hop into a pet carrier to move them over to the pen on the grass? He might come round a bit this way.

Thanks Denise. :love: I think I'm finding it harder because he's never been like this until now, and I don't know why the change. :(

I was wondering whether I could tempt him into a carrier instead, although I'm not sure how I could shut it without him darting back out again :? but will give it a go today. They never came out yesterday because they wouldn't come upstairs and I don't want to make things worse by trying to corner them in the run somehow.

As far as I'm concerned,rabbits will act this way to show you that you have done something wrong. Boris gets cross with me about three times a week and there never seems to be a reason,no reason that I know of anyway. But the thing about us humans is that we don't have the same ability to pick up emotions,however a rabbit wouldn't know that,and would therefore expect us to get the message when in fact,we don't. Which makes is almost impossible, sometimes,to understand what exactly you have done.

But these moods rarely last forever,I'm sure Alfie will have gone back to his normal,loving self soon :)

That makes me feel better - I've obviously committed some kind of bunny faux pas and hopefully all will be forgiven soon. :lol:

Back