• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a wifey for my Peter

Maria786

Warren Scout
:D

I am adopting from the RSPCA, she's called florence :

http://www.rspcaleedsandwakefield.org.uk/what_rehoming.asp

Going to see her on Thursday at a location (not advertised) on their website. I hope all goes well! :? How do I bond them both? Where do I start??? This is a very anxious time for me.

BTW if you read my other thread about going on holiday, I am leaving Peter (and hopefully Flo) with my sister with lots of printed sheets of clear instructions on how to look after rabbits.

I have been researching bonding as I am due to bond my 2 buns in the next few weeks. Most importantly...have you got somewhere that is neutral territory for them?? It needs to be somewhere where that your original bun has never been. eg. conservatory, garage, shed, bathroom?? You will need to set this room up as their place to stay :) I would advise putting in lots of boxes for them to escape to if need be. You will need food and water for both buns...put it at both ends of the room/pen so that they can get to it without other bun scaring them :) You will need to monitor them at all times to ensure they are ok ;) I would suggest plenty of food and water for you too. You will need a blanket/spray incase a fight breaks out!!

Use a neutral area/cage. Do not move them for at least 48 hours, and during the first 48 hours, supervise them (i sleep on the sofa) scatter feed, do not use bowls. Do not at first put anything in other than hay, as anything like litter trays may be fought after. Put a water bottle at each end of cage. Humping, chasing, nipping is all normal, only seperate if lock on fighting. Do not have any interaction with them while bonding- no fussing etc.

Back