• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Perdy has a sore eye

tracy08

Warren Scout
Today she was fine as she was in the run and then in the house, she as fine when i went to give tea, but then when i went to check on them at 7pm as i do. I noticed she had a weepy eye.

I brought her in a cleaned it with cooled down warm water, its a bit pink on the bit that supposed to be white, her babies seem fine. Just a bit shocked, Wonder if she got some thing in it. Going to keep an eye (no pun intended lol) on her over the night and see how she goes. Hope shes not got an infection, She seems al ittle upset, not at hte fact i was cleaned it, as she gave me a nose rub when i finished so fingers crossed all is well x

i would ask the vets in case its an infection thats going to need antibiotic eye drops.....it may even be an eye ulcer like berties got.

I don't know what it is or the cause. For the time being, you can use natural tear drop on the bunny's eyes, as many times as you want, it's perfectly okay to drop it on his eyes. It does not solve the problem, but the moisture makes their eyes more comfy.

I have use it before on my bun Bernie when there is a piece of fur stuck on his eyes. I drop enough eye drop for it to flush the fur off his eyes.

The brand name I use is called Allergan Refresh Celluvisc, there is no preservative in the substance.

cheers
today she looks alot better, the redness has gone, and its not watering or pussing at all, i think she got something in it.

Back