• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for swollen genital bunny U/D pics added UD been to the vets this morning

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Just had a stray dropped off, was about to be shot by a farmer :shock: over Cannock way. Anyway the guy told the farmer it was a domestic and they managed to catch him/her and bring over to me.

Bunny is a bit bald and thin, but looks fairly healthy, flipped over and genitalia is in a mess :?. Ste has just got back from uni so I will get a pic of genitals. Now I think bunny is a girl, but they're swollen I can't tell, I can't find any sacks.

There was a scab, I picked off and it bleed a tiny bit, I am hoping it's a bite that's gone bad, syphilis, but please send not myx vibes :(

Bunny is quarantined and isn't anywhere near the others (has playhouse) at top of the garden, but I am a bit worried, eyes and nose completely clear, wont be able to get to the vets until after work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Poor bunny :( Glad hes safe there with you - sending vibes xXx If i can be any help with vets trips or anything let me know :) xXx

Obviously you've considered the possiblity of myxi: I would make sure the rest of your buns vac's are up to date and they are kept well away just in case. Are you quarantining indoors?

Thanks so much, just got some pics but you can't tel very well, they're big and sausage like. PMSL :lol: Jane.

I think she is a girl, no sacks that I can feel at all.

P1010383.jpg

P1010384.jpg

P1010385.jpg

very cute though :love:

P1010387.jpg

Oh that poor thing! I would agree that she looks like a female, but that looks so painful.

Get well soon, little bunny :cry:

Thanks guys and Jane, could it be infected from just anything random, I have given her some baytril until we can see a vet she arrived about ten minutes after they closed.

Thanks guys and Jane, could it be infected from just anything random, I have given her some baytril until we can see a vet she arrived about ten minutes after they closed.

Could be from a bite :?
Did any pus come out when you got the scab off?
Syphillis is another possibility :?

Good idea re the Baytril. Hopefully it can be sorted.
She is really pretty :love:

Obviously you've considered the possiblity of myxi: I would make sure the rest of your buns vac's are up to date and they are kept well away just in case. Are you quarantining indoors?

Tree is very well versed in bun care and as she says she is quarantining in a playhouse at the bottom of the garden, so well away from her other buns :)

Back