• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying Two Females.

Jade950

Alpha Buck
:wave: Sorry if this is in the wrong place! In a few weeks time Im looking to get my already bonded females spayed. They are mother and daughter and I would really like to get them spayed for the obvious health reasons and hopefully to bond with Piglet and Nala eventually.
My question is, when I get them spayed should I get them both done at the same time and have them recovering together etc. Or have them done seperatly and then try rebonding? If the second one how long would I leave it before rebonding?
Thanks very much :D

:wave: Sorry if this is in the wrong place! In a few weeks time Im looking to get my already bonded females spayed. They are mother and daughter and I would really like to get them spayed for the obvious health reasons and hopefully to bond with Piglet and Nala eventually.
My question is, when I get them spayed should I get them both done at the same time and have them recovering together etc. Or have them done seperatly and then try rebonding? If the second one how long would I leave it before rebonding?
Thanks very much :D

Together is best: same basket, same cage at the vets etc. etc. :wave:

Definitely together, as long as there is no aggression showing between them. The vets will be stressful enough for them without being separated from their beloved buddy. It will probably make their bond stronger being there together. (although they may get grumpy with each other after the anaesthetic wears off - perhaps someone on RU has experience in this?) If you split them up it will be at least a month (maybe longer I think??) before you can think about rebonding them - and even so it may not work as the bond will have been broken. It is better for them to be kept together at all times, and for all future vets visits for jabs etc too.

I got both my girls done together. and i think it made them even more bonded...they never stop cleaning one and other!!! :roll:

Back