• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male Rabbit Neuter Fee

I payed £35 for a male and £55 for a female. My other vet charges about £55 for a male and £65-70 for a female although this vet is rabbit savvy.

It varies from vet to vet :D

Stitch cost around £60 - However that included an overnight stay with 24 hour vet care. Gut mobility drugs, Metacam injection, Metacam to take home and a 3 and 10 day check up - Most rabbit savvy vets should include most of this (although not all will include the stay, mine only do it if they haven't pooped, which most dont until the next day).

When I had Arnie done, the vets weren't as good with bunnies and that cost me £40, he was fine though, although they didn't give him a check up and I dont even know if they included pain killers... Hence why I changed when I found a decent vet :D

It's worth it if they know what they are doing :D

mine is £45 including all that vicks does but tend to let bunnys go home dependant on the owners ability to check through the night if bun hasnt pooped and to ring first thing and check if no pooping its back to the vets . x

edit no you not cracking up i edited the price i did a typo so it read 54 when meant to say 45 .. sorry for confusion! x

Last edited:
Just be happy that you don't live in the US! I paid $211 (149 pounds) for a male neuter last week!

Wow the dollar really is sucking compared to the pound. :lol:

£54 plus meds and over night stay. Our vets are great. They ask for a back up phone number just in case they can't get hold of you. So they rang both me and my mum to say he was ok.

Mine was £56 including pain relief and antibiotic jabs as well as a follow up appointment to check his empty sacs :oops:.
Helen xx

Marmite (male) cost £53 and Minka (female) will cost £70...so that's about right!! I'm really pleased with my vets :D they let me settle bills once everything is done and if both buns are having treatments they let me settle it all once last bun has been :D

Back