• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and easter

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi everyone

I've been trying to do my bit with the rabbit welfares "makeminechocolate.co.uk" campaign but I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall!

I've contacted all my local radio stations and newpapers and not one of them has replied to me, posted the campaign on my works forum and on the freecycle cafe forums, contacted pets at home again with no reply and today a freecycle message came through from someone who wants all kind of rabbit items as is buying her son a rabbit for easter :evil::evil::evil:

I heard pets at home were meant to stop selling them at easter but not sure if this was just a rumour?

P@H aren't officially stopping rabbits for easter, but as we can't get any buns in at the moment anyway we may as well. We do have some lovely big fluffy bunnies for sale tho, can't remember the names but they are only £5 and they don't need any where near as much looking after!!

I took leaflets along with me selling my book and put them next to a choc rabbit. Noone was interested I even started to talk about it and they just walked away not taking leaflet or were more interested in where I got choc rabbit from.
People even asked if i had rabbits they could buy with me:shock:
People are stupid and really make me sick when it comes to animals

P@H aren't officially stopping rabbits for easter, but as we can't get any buns in at the moment anyway we may as well. We do have some lovely big fluffy bunnies for sale tho, can't remember the names but they are only £5 and they don't need any where near as much looking after!!

Im confused buns dont need much looking after???

I was idly having a look at preloved last night (don't know why I do it - it's just a form of self-torture really, all the little bunnies free to good homes etc) and there were loads of 'ready for Easter' adverts :roll:

Ive had many family members ask about buying a bunny for there kids for easter :roll: they did not take my advice about a chocolate bunny or money, why bother :? :? :? :?..............
What happened to the good old days of getting and easter EGG not a BUNNY :evil:

There's four cute fluffy little bunny babies in our P@H just waiting to be bought as little Jonnie's Easter present. Makes me want to cry. Mind you, I did have a look at the hutches for sale and although they're still just a hutch, they are much bigger than the hutches they used to sell so things have improved, if only a tiny, tiny, little bit :?

I saw a P@H ad on the telly yesterday advertising they sell rabbits and other pets!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

I will put a link & some info on my website if you like. I know it's the big companies that need ot get involved, but it's a start!

I saw a P@H ad on the telly yesterday advertising they sell rabbits and other pets!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

I will put a link & some info on my website if you like. I know it's the big companies that need ot get involved, but it's a start!

God!!! Thankfully I haven't seen that yet. They make me mad pets at home I'm sure they must make enough money selling all their other stuff.

Yes that would be great if you could put some info on your website, like you say its a start!

Hi everyone
I've been trying to do my bit with the rabbit welfares "makeminechocolate.co.uk" campaign but I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall!
I've contacted all my local radio stations and newpapers and not one of them has replied to me

Surprised at the Evening Telegraph not being in touch as they have their regular rescue box in for rescues & often highlight them. I'd try again if I were you - pushing the fact that these rescues that they feature may not be so swamped if people got behind this campaign.
I also thought the Herald & Post used to have a pet/animal page but that seems to have disappeared in the last few issues which is a bit odd.
Ps-Popping the Animal Communications through your door tommorow :thumb:

Hi fellow Wellingburians (is that the correct spelling? Who knows)!

I'm surprised the Herald and Post isn't getting involved, they used to have quite a spread on rescue animals a while back.

What has annoyed me in the last week is that our local agricultural college has started selling pets in their garden centre. They had 3 rabbits, which I would have said were about 6 months old in fairly small enclosures. Considering the college often takes in RSPCA rescues, you would have thought they would know better:(.

I wear my MMC badge!

People really aren't getting the message. Just found this ad on my local Freecycle (yes that old chestnut again):-

"my 3 year old niece is getting a bunny for easter and needs a hutch and or run
to put it in. can collect and thanks to all in advance"

The part that concern me most is the fact it is for a 3 year old not to mention A bunny. At least they are asking for a run so at least the poor thing will get some excercise.

Back