• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Bunny Toys and Treats

katie240181

Young Bun
Hi :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Bailey & Alfie get a lot of playtime with us everyday and are extremely spoilt but i would like to make playtime even more fun so can people tell me about there HOMEMADE treats and toys that they have made for their buns, if people have photos of them too that would be great.

Just looking for ideas mainly, thanks everyone

Katie xxx

Hi I stuff empty toilet roll tubes with hay and a few treats which they love, my bunnies are not really into toys apart from the treat ball

My buns' favourite toy at the moment is a small white Dominos Pizza dipping sauce tub (washed out!). They love tipping it over and throwing it in the air/at each other... each to their own :? :love:

thank you for your reply, my bunnies love toys, they love to throw things in the air. I brought them some wooden chew blocks that look like childrens building blocks bailey adores them and is always chucking them up in the air, she likes us to stack them up on top of each other so she can knock them over, then she'll pick one up throw it and then starts doing binkys

i will try that one, i have given them an empty toilet roll but they don't seemed fussed with it if i stuff it with hay and treats they might like it tho, so will give it a try thank you :)

My buns' favourite toy at the moment is a small white Dominos Pizza dipping sauce tub (washed out!). They love tipping it over and throwing it in the air/at each other... each to their own :? :love:

we have Dominos Pizzas we had one at the weekend with a dipping sauce but i never thought of that, i will certainly try that one.

Do most buns prefer a homemade toy than a brought one, cos we brought quite a few from the pet store for them the only ones they really like was the building blocks (well Bailey does) and the tunnel. Alfie is not into toys that much at the minute, well not like Bailey anyway he would rather jump behind and onto things he is not supposed to, they are nearly 10 weeks old and Alfie can already jump 3ft straight onto the armchairs arm x

Ours like the rattan balls and they'll occasionally play with their jingle ball. The treat ball is the best and they have their pellets in that most nights (unless they've hidden it in one of their tunnels :roll:). Other than that they have lots of cardboard boxes and tubes. They love to sit on top of boxes and hide in tunnels. Ask shops if they have the cardboard tubes that posters come rolled in - perfect bunny size! hubby gets them from his work :D

Ours like the rattan balls and they'll occasionally play with their jingle ball. The treat ball is the best and they have their pellets in that most nights (unless they've hidden it in one of their tunnels :roll:). Other than that they have lots of cardboard boxes and tubes. They love to sit on top of boxes and hide in tunnels. Ask shops if they have the cardboard tubes that posters come rolled in - perfect bunny size! hubby gets them from his work :D

Thats a good idea, i never thought of that either, i don't think my mind works that well hehe everyone is so good at thinking of things even simple things that i would never that thought of seem to be the best things xx

thank you

I'd reomend boxes with holes in them!stick them together to create a bunny play ground! Hours of fun.. I get them from work :D

Bramble likes his piece of plastic water pipe, that my OH brought home from work - he works for the water board! He also loves his cardboard box, and the kitchen roll tubes. :wave:

I brought them some wooden chew blocks that look like childrens building blocks bailey adores them and is always chucking them up in the air, she likes us to stack them up on top of each other so she can knock them over, then she'll pick one up throw it and then starts doing binkys

That sounds like a great idea - I'm going to get some for Daisy (she usually tries chucking her food bowls into the air :roll:)

Not really a toy, but Daisy loves the edible treat baskets from Hay Experts - she'll spend hours at a time demolishing it.

my bun has 2 fave toys an elephant teddy out of a mcdonalds happy meal haha and a loofa ball from p@h which is fully edable and she has now had 3 of them she has hours of fun with the loofa ball. she also likes kitchen roll tubes filled with hay and treats.

:wave:

That sounds like a great idea - I'm going to get some for Daisy (she usually tries chucking her food bowls into the air :roll:)

Not really a toy, but Daisy loves the edible treat baskets from Hay Experts - she'll spend hours at a time demolishing it.

they are really good i got them from wyvale garden centre, we got 4 in a pack, they are only small but they have letter carved into them on one side, then there is a plain side and a side with a picture of a bunny on it (looks like a drawing that sort of pic) not sure whats on the other sides, Bailey likes the one with the letter G on it don't know why tho :)

they are really good i got them from wyvale garden centre, we got 4 in a pack, they are only small but they have letter carved into them on one side, then there is a plain side and a side with a picture of a bunny on it (looks like a drawing that sort of pic) not sure whats on the other sides, Bailey likes the one with the letter G on it don't know why tho :)

G for good bunny!! :lol:

they have so many toys for saying we've only had them for a week, they have the building blocks, some other chew blocks, a jingle ball (bailey loves to throw this to she really holds on to it, she looks funny because its nearly as big as her), they have one of those carrot trees (Alfies fav) some tubes, a black fluff tunnel (although the wooden carrot hanging inside didn't even last 1 min before alfie bit it off) and a brand new small dog bed, brown with cream spots (will post pics soon) but they just sit in the bed to have a wash and they seem to like pooing and weeing in it, my husband says i spoil them but i can't help it :)

Back