• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why now...advice needed asap please

kate_s

Warren Scout
Guy's I need your help, Reggie has been great all day in fact he spent about 4 hours free ranging in the garden (he is a house bun) and has had a great time about 2 hours ago he went really quiet, i think he's poorly i've been tempting him with food to see if he still had an appetite, well he's eating but not his usual enthusiastic self. He' since done two large very smelly poo's that are not formed properly and no normal poo's, now i'm worried sick...i'm thinking vets...his tummy feels ok and no strange noise's...i have some meloxidyl from post neuter will this help at all? please reply sorry if its in the wrong section.

Last edited:
about 8 weeks ago, is it maybe too much grass it is the first time he' spent s much time in the garden....

Try to keep him moving around and syringe him some cooled boiled water as well. Hope he feels better soon :)

I agree it's probably too much grass if he's new to it.
Keep him on the move and if all else fails - get him to a vet.
Hope he improves soon x

Thanks guys, i'll keep an eye and see how he goes and if he gets any worse i'll phone the vets :wave:

Could also try a tummy rub, this is the first thing I do if I think somebun is off their food. Lay him on his back on your knee, hold his chest with one hand in case he tries to jump off and gently massage his tummy with the other, then swap hands. I rub the sides of the tummy too.

Paws crossed for him

Rabswood

bump your bun's diet to 90% hay. A bun's diet should be compose of 90% hay. As long as his diet is 90% hay, no need to worry about a bit of gas, it simply won't happen

Back