• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Litter Training

rabbithabit

Warren Scout
I have two new French Lop House Rabbits who I have litter trainied and are currently living in my large utility. Dudley is driving me crazy as although they both use the litter tray, he insists on digging and throwing it out through his back legs all over the floor and then proceeds to get out a push it around the room with his front paws and then looks at me as if to smile :evil:

I changed the litter tray to an enclosed cat one which was higher from the floor in a hope that he would be unable to get it out, but no, within minutes of setting it up he was having a great time and we were back to square one.........any advice please ???:(

oh dear i dont know hun tbh, hope it works in the end. I was surprised when i put a littler tray in the hutch the pther day fro Perdy that she would use iot and even her babies are using it

Generally I have done well with litter training and most of my bunnies have trays in their hutches and use them well, even my babies. These two have me stumped though and I don't want to put them back in a hutch. It's strange cos when they come into the living room they don't make a mess at all and wait until they go back in to the utility ! :D

it is his age if he is a baby? it will sort itself out as he ages.my storm is 1 now and he just hops in a wees and hops out!:lol:

Bean occasionally does this. He likes to sit at the edge of the litter tray an dig with his front paws resulting in mess and hay everywhere. When truffle sits behind him she gets covered too :lol:

I just play him at his own game and when he does it immediately sweep it up and just repeat this pattern over and over again until he gets the picture.

we've been trying this for the last week, but it's all I seem to be doing and it's getting very tiring and he seems to think it's fun !!!!:cry:

Back