• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of the buns I've fostered :)

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
The first bun I ever fostered, Custard - who I renamed Rory. Back in the days before I really understood infection control...he turned out to have syphillis, which he gave to my Dudley :roll:

We tried to bond Rory with several lovely ladies but he was having none of it, so he went to live as a much loved housebun in Basingstoke :)

HPIM0800.jpg

Rory liked his cat basket!
102_0715.jpg

102_0691.jpg

Then there was Nomad - who Sparklefairy rescued, but he made her two bonded buns fight so I offered to take him. He was quite a poorly boy, with active ec causing very weak back legs and urine incontinence, deafness and he was also a tad arthritic. I'm sure many of you recognise him - he lives with Jack's-Jane now :)

Nomad liked my bumpy bits :lol:
15072006003-1.jpg

...and Barbara :lol:
16072006004.jpg

Then there was Chloe, who I took from someone trying to sell her on ebay. We had a fright when she made a huge nest soon after arriving, but thankfully it was just a phantom. Chloe now lives with Jaypot, where she continues to enjoy watching the other bunnies but not living with them!

17072006010.jpg

17072006008.jpg

(I've lost track of the order of these next ones :lol:)

Dave the french lop was rescued by Sally Spacegirl and I looked after him here until he was rehomed. He was a terrible snuffler but it never stopped him from enjoying life. His new owners renamed him (can you believe it!) and he became the much loved and spoilt housebunny called Sir-Nathaniel. Here are some pics his new owner sent me:

Sirnathaniel012.jpg

Sirnathaniel015.jpg

Sirnathaniel013.jpg

Sirnathaniel008.jpg

Here's Harvey - he came into rescue living uncastrated with his brothers. He had a nasty injury to his willy presumably due to the boys fighting; he used to wee up his leg because it was all wonky. Harvey was terribly aggressive so he came to Aunty Alison's people-are-nice-really camp where he sort of learnt that people-are-nice-really. He now lives happily with Spacegirl with two friends :)

24032007001.jpg

Nala came to Aunty Alison's fat camp - she was too overweight to be spayed and she was also terribly aggressive at the rescue. She calmed down totally while at mine, I think it must have been the smell of lots of other buns in close proximity that really upset her. She turned into a lovely friendly bun and was rehomed as a housebun :)

01102006007.jpg

And finally for tonight, Tintin :) Tintin came from a playgroup...they handed him over to the rescue because he was aggressive and bit the children! It didn't take long to work out that he was very poorly sighted, so in combination with young children, it was no surprise he reacted badly. He was very tense; but he calmed down nicely when he realised he wasn't going to be grabbed, prodded or screamed at, and he was eventually rehomed with a lovely wifey :)

07042007012.jpg

Awww I think I met all of them except Chloe and Nomad

You did forget Eddie though :roll:

They are certainly some gorgeous buns you have helped find new home, well done Santa :D :D

You did forget Eddie though :roll:

Gimme a chance, I haven't got that far yet :lol: I've got a big period in time missing in my photos though, I think they may have been on my previous laptop which is RIP :cry: There's loads of others - Fruffy, Ted, Mikey, Mary, Holly, Sweetpea, William, Benjamin, Fudge, Shilling, Eddie, Wesley, Benji...

I don't know how you could part with them!
Yesterday 10:34 PM

Well if I hadn't parted with Rory, I wouldn't have been able to help Nomad, and if I hadn't parted with Nomad, I wouldn't have been able to help Chloe...etc etc... :)

Alison, you do make me giggle :lol:
I thought Barbara was a bunny too and I thought.. oh you have nothing to say on Barbara, how nice :lol:

What a lovely thread :love: Love the third picture of Dave :lol:

Hurry up and put the other piccys on, I'm looking forward to seeing a special boy :love::love:

Must admit although I realised it was still nomad in the picture I was looking around to see what was possibly called Barbara, and gave up :lol: Obviously it was the bed :roll:

What a great thread and gorgeous buns! :love::love: These foster buns have been very lucky to have such a good home :wave:

Back