• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I still have him neutered?

Bunnyx

Warren Scout
As some of you may be aware of my bunny, pepsi was very poorly last week he is now home and back to old self thank god!! The vet said he either had E.c or bumped himself which caused him to swell up. If hes ok over the next week I was going to book him in to be neutered on Wed 8th April. Do you think I should still have him done? Will it make any difference that he was so poorly - I mean really poorly, he almost died. Sorry, Im worrying myself to death here as I just dont want to lose him! As some of you also know I lost my last rabbit due to having her spayed and Im already scared about going through with having pepsi done as it is and the fact I nearly lost him only the other week has scared me even more!!! I just cant put up with his male hormones any longer!! Hes spraying everything, chasing anything that moves he even spayed me the other day all up my arm :S not very nice!
So I really want him done! Do you think I should still go ahead?

I would ring the vet and ask for advice on this one. Personally, i would wait a few weeks but i am super paranoid at the prospect of my bun going in for a spay on tuesday that i may be being a tad extreme. Hopefully someone more informed will come along to answer soon :)

Thanks arww good luck with your bun sending lots of vibes please let me know how it goes x x x x

Back