• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just remember something a breeder once said to me

dayle_x

Mama Doe
A breeder gave me some really **** advice when I went there for a bunny. She was apparently a fantastic breeder and has been breeding for 20 years or something. She asked me if i wanted a breeding, pet or show rabbit. I said pet, a girl please. She said it must be for breeding if you want a girl, i said no i just want a girl. She asked loads of questions but when i said i wanted to have her with another of my buns she was like NOPE rabbits should not be ever kept together :? So i said fine, on her own then, i picked my rabbit and she was like, ergh you've picked an ugly one (because it wasn't perfect 'type' for show :evil:). Then she gave lots of advice didn't stop talking for an hour, but she then also went on to tell me never to give any veg!
She has 300+ rabbits i think, how on earth can she tell me to check my buns everyday, when she wouldn't be able to check hers properly everyday, i remember seeing huge german lops with a litter in 2ft cages, and the cages were piled 4/5 stacks high, and each hutch was like 3 inch thick with poo and wet sawdust! She showed me her 'favourite bunny' and i've never seen claws as long.
I wish someone would sort her out!

Last edited:
1.) I don't think you should name names on here.
2.) Why did you get a rabbit from someone who keeps them in such poor conditions?

Not having a go, just asking :)

Report her i would. cal the rspca no matter what if its that bad then she shouldnt be allowed to carry on

1.) I don't think you should name names on here.
2.) Why did you get a rabbit from someone who keeps them in such poor conditions?

Not having a go, just asking :)

Because I felt sorry for the rabbits and just wanted to get one out of the situation, she also said she was taking that particular litter to the petshop that afternoon, i didn't know how she kept them till i got there a lot of people recommended her :?

How do you go about reporting her to the rspca? I don't have her address or anything anymore...

Because I felt sorry for the rabbits and just wanted to get one out of the situation, she also said she was taking that particular litter to the petshop that afternoon, i didn't know how she kept them till i got there a lot of people recommended her :?

How do you go about reporting her to the rspca? I don't have her address or anything anymore...

Fair enough, i'dve probably done the same :oops:
Without an address, I don't think you'll be able to report her, but it might be worth phoning the rspca & giving them her name incase somebody else has reported her/she is known to them. :)

Last edited:
Definately report her. There is no way she can be left to get away with keeping animals in such awful conditions. :evil:

I would try to find my way back to the place so that I could get the address and report her to the RSPCA. Poor bunnies :(:evil:

Rabswood

obviously she's over breeding. If you buy rabbit, you are encouraging those breeder to breed more bun as a supply. This is the condition that these rescue animals lives in

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

So when you buy a bun, you are doing this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTb5nY-3Dfo

There is also a lot of problems w/ breeder's rabbits. There is usually a lack of genetic diversification. My bridge bun Goofball passed away w/ numerous health problems, including having bone cancer at age just less than 2.

Shes the only one i got from her, i'd never go back and either way she was getting money for this bun at a petshop or from me.
I'm going to try get her address off the people who recommended her, or i might email her pretending i want a bun...
Defo reporting her.

i was in a similar situation a few years ago, i went with my sister in law to see some g.pigs. I was appauled at the cramped conditions her buns and g.pigs were kept in and there were no runs in site. We didnt buy from her as we just wanted to get out of there, I so wish i took her address at the time and reported it. If i get a sniff of her again, i am straight on the phone!!

Back