• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quite relieved about Thumper and Molly.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Molly was speyed a week ago and she has been bonded with Thumper for over a year, when she came back from her op, we put her in a nero cage and Thumper in a dog crate next to her, in the spare bedroom. I let them interact in the middle of the week and Thumper was quite pushy and kept trying to look under Molly's tail and was nipping her.I was worried I would have to go through the bonding process all over again. However, I let them out this afternoon and all was well, he was very happy to be near her and there was no aggression. I am still keeping her seperate, unless I am there, until her stitches are 12 days old, but I think they are going to be alright, so I'm very happy.
Just Treacle left to go and then all my gilrs and boys are done.:)

I am worrying about my buns after spaying too! :? Glad you didnt have too many problems - did you leave your boy at home while she was at the vets being done? Am worried about separating mine then reintroducing them, but my boy is so calm and quite I am tempted to put them together almost straight after her op as I dont think he will hurt her. How long was yours at the vet for the op?

I took Molly in alone, I took her in on the morning and picked her up at about 5 ish. Thumper is pretty laid back, but I wanted her in the house so I could monitor her and keep her warm, I kept him in a crate next to her, as I say he was very keen to look underneath her in the middle of the week, maybe because she smelled funny, but today he was fine, so I will give then time together each day until they go back outside on Friday. I don't have a crate big enough for 2, so they will have to be seperate when I am not there.:(

Hope all goes well with you buns.:)

Sounds good.
Im still debating what to do about Bo and Tiffany.
Ive been advised to keep them together but i dont want Bo pushing her about which i feel he will. So was *thinking* of doing what you have done for a few days :)

I know at, its very difficult to know what is best, in the end I decided that I would rather let her heal without any risk of damage, and if they bonded well once they would again.
hope your lot go well.
How is Gusiness.

Thats my way of thinking too.

Yeah Gusiness is great actually. Had her and Mitsy out in the garden this aft. She is slower than Mitsy but still enjoying herself. When i brought them back in you should of heard them....:lol:

Back