• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse - is this O.K?

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I saw a lovely playhouse today - but it is very small - (H)= 4'6, (W)=3'11, (D)=3'8. I plan to have a shelf put in to give another layer and a run surrounding it of 11' x 8' -- Would this be O.K. for 2 buns - medium size?

It is called the Bella Playhouse from B and Q. (Sorry - can't do photos on here)

Have you googled 'playhouse shed'? - not sure how much the playhouse you are looking at is, but there are some great deals online if this is the sort of thing you want.

The one I'm looking at is £158 but have seen then £189 or thereabouts. Don't want to pay over the odds ad the run will cost a fortune to build! :lol:

If you are in the midlands - West Hagley Aviaries do fantastic panels that fit together easily to make a run. I made my hutch a run (6ftx6ft) and it cost £35.

The panels sound like a good bet to me- you could ajoin the panels to a shed - which may be cheaper than a playhouse? You could look for a cheaper shed or playhouse on ebay? :D

That one is great but where I live is £45 delivery and it's too tall - Dh doesn't want it coming above our back wall which is just under 5'.

I sort of want a little one but tall enough for me to get in to clean - may get one made - seen them not too pricey.

That one is great but where I live is £45 delivery and it's too tall - Dh doesn't want it coming above our back wall which is just under 5'.

I sort of want a little one but tall enough for me to get in to clean - may get one made - seen them not too pricey.

Blimey, didn't realise there were so many exclusions to the 'free' delivery- sorry

Got given one - from a friend, it was her son's playhouse. It's TINY but I guess will do. (For now) Will put the second level in or maybe just put his hutch in without doors and they can jump on top of that. Would that be too high? It's only a regular 3 ' hutch but it's only for him ot sleep in. They would have the run during hte day, all day.

Back