• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more babies!!!!!

my one doe had 6 babies 3 weeks ago, all are well. now my 2nd doe has just had 4 babies today! the 2 does share a hutch would it be safe for all of the babies and the 2 mums to be together. any advice would be very much appriciated. thanks.:shock::shock::shock:

I would *think* you need to separate the does, and place them with there own babies.

Is the male out of there hutch?

oops i had this but before my second bun had her kits i seperated them. If i was you i would seperate them as the older babies may hurt/upset/annoy the younger ones with the big age gab. Im glad i did and there are 4 weeks between mine and the older ones are now running around etc etc, and yet the two week old ones have only just opened their eyes.

Also make sure the buck is not with them, as you may know they can get pg straight away. You may need to re-bond the females at a later date if you want to, mine are siters and i want to do this but to do this i need to spray them first and of course wait till babies are gone or older. Hope this helps. goodluck

yes the male is out of the cage. the two girls have been together since we had them. the 1st doe who had babies, the 2nd one had been helping to look after them. when i looked in the cage the bigger babies were snuggled up to the little ones.

i have the same, but its up too you, i didnt want to seperate them as with them being sisters i didnt want to up-set them, maybe just keep an eye on them, but i would seperate them tbh. Only because of the difference in growth.

yes the male is out of the cage. the two girls have been together since we had them. the 1st doe who had babies, the 2nd one had been helping to look after them. when i looked in the cage the bigger babies were snuggled up to the little ones.

i had this when my first mum gave birth in fact Molly the second mum helped her build Perdys nest bless

Back