• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby is hopping funny - advice needed. Could it be E.C U/D

sarahslc

Warren Scout
I have just put Ruby out in her run and have noticed she is hopping funny. She is her usual self, eating and bright etc and is not in any discomfort. I picked her up to have a closer look at her and it seems that her right hip has less mobility in it than her left. She has stood on her back legs to wash her face and is tearing round her run just with this funny hop. What should I do?

Last edited:
My bunny was poorly last week and couldnt hop at all when we took him to the vets he said it could be E.c if she is actaually hopping she might of just
hurt her leg take her down the the vets to be on the safe side and her checked out x

Just got back from vets he said it is most likely e.c as her reactions are slower than they should be and her pupils are slightly dilated. He checked legs for breaks and all down her spine but said everything there was fine. So she's had a metacam injection and is now on a 28 day course of panacur, vet has also suggested putting her back in her single storey hutch (she's usually in a two tier) for a few days to rest her leg. So fingers crossed she's going to be ok :D:D

Back