• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

squeeky buzz noise when grooming

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just noticed, when jack grooms himself he makes buzzing squeeky noise when he stretches, is he just enjoying it? :lol: He's totally fine other than that binkying around like mad. I'll get the vet to check him over tomorrow.

hope he is enjoying. I suppose if he was in pain he wouldnt let you do it. Gosh these rabbits scare us dont they with little noises

Bunnies especially bucks often make noises when they are happy... or run around your feet making buzzing noises, to try to impress you.
Has he been neutered yet, as whole males do it even more.
He is just being a happy bun, suffering from nothing more than spring fever!!!

I'm just getting to know him at the moment only had him for 3 days :D he also seems to eat his poos when they are coming out :lol:

hope he is enjoying. I suppose if he was in pain he wouldnt let you do it. Gosh these rabbits scare us dont they with little noises

Lol yep I remember Scooch was in a grumpy mood and grunted at me and I thought she was choking lmao

I'm just getting to know him at the moment only had him for 3 days :D he also seems to eat his poos when they are coming out :lol:

Bunnies make two different types of 'poos'.
The ones they eat are made by their bodies, and are called 'caecotrophs'. These contain vital minerals and in the normal course of things, bunnies eat them as soon as they are produced and you never see them. They are small and sticky, and sometimes left behind by a bun who is either unwell, on an over rich diet, or sometimes just disturbed whilst eating them.

The other normal ones are the round pellet looking ones you find where your bunny has been. They do not eat these.

You can tell a lot by rabbit poo, and you will often read on the forum of people who are having trouble with their bunny having runny or sticky poo. This is usually a symptom of tummy trouble, and is usually fixed by giving your bunny plenty of hay to eat.
Hay, more hay, a handful of veggies, a handful of good quality pellets and even more hay will keep your bunny's tum in good nick. (And his teeth)

Back