• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on casper...NEW UPDATE>OMG!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: thank you all for the vibes and advice for him..hes still fighting!!

Hes had a few moments of being sooo liveley then hes had 48hrs of being snoozy.

hes struggling like mad to get away and has messed up nikkis arms etc with his claws. But at least hes not making that awful noise anymore..the one inbetween a scream and a whimper:( but hes terrified he knows the cotton wall balls spell out so much pain:(

hes only a bit better at taking his meds. he doesnt mind the metacam or even the flagyl..but euk to the baytril. he also likes his panacur.

but its so sad as he tries so hard to swallow the stuff and he has to lick realy hard as theres not enough lowerlip at all to help him keep it in...its a tricky one.

hes almost pefected the art of eating hay without having to push it in every time with his paws...but he only likes the fine osft one from the dust free hay company..i tried cuting it short and he got huffy and went and got a long piece id missed just to provea point:oops::lol:

hes been drinking a bit more today and hes actually managing to eat pellets:shock: mind oyu its is excel hes on and the newer packs the pelelts are huge!!:shock:

hes been using nikki and her double bed for exercise..and he has a towel on one end with his litter tray and has been soo good. whilst in the vets he learnt a new trick..sleeping in his litter tray. but he also loves his fleece at the other end of the cage..he snuggles under it:oops:
hes been climbing all over nikki running aorund her on the bed..its a miracle..hes so bouncy but then he digs at the towel or sheet and collpapses alseep for up to 15mins at a time..he slept in his litter tray on her bed whilst she was in her bed for half an hour solid he never even lifted an eyelid.
the cats keep coming in to see him and zuzu sometimes sleeps at the foot of nikkis bed...and he buzzes and goes nuts..well he does still have his plums!!
i think its all the vibes on here (and the fact hes so horny for the poor female cat who btw aodres him always chriping at him and rubbing round his face etc.) thats keeping him going.

today nikki fingerfed him some grated carrot and he has some grapes in the fridge i can peel and chop into tiny slivers. broccoli florets tho..hmm

im worried hes going from one extreme to the other but its gotta be the pain..the metacam then knocks him for 6 and hes soo sleepy.

tonight nikki was trying to swab at the abscess entry and he tried ot bite her several times...its os sad cos he has no more teefs to bite her iwth and we laughed:oops: one good thing came of it..it helped move some more pus and help nikki clear a bit more as he bit down ont he cotton ball in just the right place.

im not happy as the point of the weird little flap of leftover lip tissue has got a soe on it again...almost like an ulcer..so im going to ring ellen monday morning.

bif and mums bun are having their vhd jabs wed and berties having his eye ulcer evaluated again..and a pedicure..mr doggy toenails!! maybe i can ask her if i can bring casper along too..or maybe i better choose a diff day....we wont all fit in the taxi again:oops:

how long does a toothroot abscess site take to heal over as im worried itll heal up before we can keep getting the pus out? also....if pus is still coming out is it normal?

oh btw liz...casper says he can almost gurn but without his lower lip he looks like hes singing....but he sends sloppy kisses to you emmy lou and of course moses.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to hear the Casper is making some good progress. That is one resilient bun. Continuing my vibes for an easy life for Casper from here on out. :)

he is a very brave boy.....and determined to stay breathing id say..just to get with our zuzu:oops:
no hes very friendly and has been getting more handling than most buns get in a month in a day cos of the abcess wiping and meds etc........hes very welel groomed cos of it.

hes fed up tho with us trying to keep the abscess draining..tonite weve discovered the gums have healed over since this morning and lunchtime so the remainng pus will be enclosed again:(

his flagyl is almpst run out..im gona ring to ask for more so i can pick it up wed when we have an appointment for two of our buns and me mums..2 for jabs..one for eye check up.

im stopping the metacam from tomorrow as hes very sleepy all the time and he does get a bit wobbly form it. if he cant cope wthout it then i will give him some when he needs it..hes so teeny compared to other buns weve had but has a huge personality. Cant understand why he was allowed to get in the state he was in and then medical help not given to him..instead dump him when his mouth goes rotten and his lip drops off:(

if you see him not close up he looks as tho hes pouting or singing ooooohh oooohoo....so cute. but hwen you get real close and see it..its so sad poor thing but hes managing to eat excel pellets..drink from a bowl.....try and eat hay as best he can.......and ask for nose rubs now..and binki in nikkis bed..then ehs started to wee in it:oops: depsite having his tray in it which he uses too.i think its cos of the cats.

for a little bun not expected to make it and then has his heart stop on the table and then not expected to make it through the night and then comes back with so much effort..he really is a little miracle.
i think he likes staying with us if only wed stop torturing him...:lol:

we got attached to him the second we laid eyes on him.

its odd it was so hard when wilow was alve trying to spend equal time with the frenchies and littlies. But this little guy lives upstairs and we spend time equally and get as many hugs form him and our buns downstairs...i didnt think itd balance out so well but it has..so far:lol:

thank you all so much xxx

Gosh! Poor Casper. He seems like such a fighter

Sending him loads of vibes!

I hope all goes well, you seem to be having a tough time of it at the minute with poorly animals...I hope you are ok hun, hugs to you!

I'm really rooting for little Casper! He's just battling on to stay living his happy life with you. :love:

I would send some more vibes, but I possibly need some adorable photos to direct vibes to... :roll::lol:

oh btw liz...casper says he can almost gurn but without his lower lip he looks like hes singing....but he sends sloppy kisses to you emmy lou and of course moses.

Thank you Capser, glad you are still fighting, we think of you everyday :wave::love:

debbie, if you pm your address I will post Casper a present of some of Faye's yummy treats that we have for sale. They can be soaked in water for dental bunnies and are very tasty :)

Oh the poor boy.

Prudences teeth grew back twice and she had a massive infection after they were removed the first time ( wasn't done by my vet) but she was fine after they removed the second time. But Prudence obviously didn't have the GA problems Casper had :(

I wish him all the luck in the world and have everything crossed for him, if any bunny desrves to pull through he does.:love:

His biscuits are being posted as we speak :)

thank you..and thnak you liz..ill be waiitng by the letterbox for him.

i will finish this post elsewhere but i will just say they are his peg teeth that have left behind:shock: but she says they dont grow much easily trimmed cos of that fact.....

my old bun even had those out too..but again it was the GA issue with casper.

Back