• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do about another bun

tracy08

Warren Scout
Some of you may now i have 3 adults. 1 male (neutered) 2 females both with babies ( 3 @ 6 wks and 2 @ 2 weeks old) Now i was planing on getting new homes for a couple of the babies, etc etc. But yesterday some one offered me a 3yr old dwarf, un- neutered. i have said yes :roll: Am i mad i couldnt see it go now where, was worried she would just let it go as i dont really know her. Am i mad or what. So that means i now have to get 3 adults 'done'
The way i saw it was its not that easy for an older bun to get a new home. So why not offer one. If i didnt have the babies i wouldnt be panicking so much arrgggg. Hopefully i would like to bond all four adults together. This is getting out of hand,

Some of you may now i have 3 adults. 1 male (neutered) 2 females both with babies ( 3 @ 6 wks and 2 @ 2 weeks old) Now i was planing on getting new homes for a couple of the babies, etc etc. But yesterday some one offered me a 3yr old dwarf, un- neutered. i have said yes :roll: Am i mad i couldnt see it go now where, was worried she would just let it go as i dont really know her. Am i mad or what. So that means i now have to get 3 adults 'done'
The way i saw it was its not that easy for an older bun to get a new home. So why not offer one. If i didnt have the babies i wouldnt be panicking so much arrgggg. Hopefully i would like to bond all four adults together. This is getting out of hand,

hmmmm... I have to say it is very easy to get in over your head... then *think* later. I'd have said you had enough on your plate with so many babies to sort out as well as taking on another un-neutered bunny. Thing is, it's easy to think that you can cope with 'just one more' and then soon down the line you realise how much hard work it is!!

I never take on a bun on the off chance that it will bond with my others, as obviously there are no guarantees :) Are you planning on keeping any of your babies... even if you keep them in same sex groups, they are all likely to need neutering. Sometimes sibling rabbits can get along un-neutered, but the chance of them fighting when there are other buns in the vicinity is greater, and they can be best friends one minute and the blood spills the next!

I always find rehoming buns difficult, as i'm not an established rescues so don't have as much coverage. Have you been trying to find homes for the babies..
It's such a stressful time!

i totally agree, if we do keep any babies i will be getting then meutered as i dont want the same thing to happen again. But i also dont want to give them to a pet shop. At present i have a home for only one kit. (every one seems to be fighting over the same one). And my girls dont want me to get rid of any, esp since the one people want my little 6 yr old wants to keep. So i need to find out when i get them neutered (at what age) So im going to take a trip to the vets to try to get them sexed as i think all three 6 week olds are girls yet a friend sexed them and said 1 girl, 2 makes??? :roll:

Its mad. I think in one respect it will be easier to find homes for the babies but not the older ones.

i totally agree, if we do keep any babies i will be getting then meutered as i dont want the same thing to happen again. But i also dont want to give them to a pet shop. At present i have a home for only one kit. (every one seems to be fighting over the same one). And my girls dont want me to get rid of any, esp since the one people want my little 6 yr old wants to keep. So i need to find out when i get them neutered (at what age) So im going to take a trip to the vets to try to get them sexed as i think all three 6 week olds are girls yet a friend sexed them and said 1 girl, 2 makes??? :roll:

Its mad. I think in one respect it will be easier to find homes for the babies but not the older ones.

I think it would be easier to find homes for the babies as opposed to adults, and one thing to think about is potential costs vet bill wise when you have multiple buns!

I didn't realise how expensive they could be until you have quite a few....then you tend to find problems all happen at the same time and you end up with huge vet bills! I have mine insured, but obviously that alone is quite a bit of money each month. I have to sacrifice things like buying myself new clothes, or going out much in order to keep my rabbits. :)

Back