• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building Indoor Hut Help ...help????

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
my bun has a 32" dog crate that is under tje kitchen table, on the back all (his area) in the middle is an old unit that sticks on (its boxed off) his litter tray is one side and there is nothing the otherside. I cant make a layer in his crate becuase there is no way I can attach a layer. So I was thinking of making him a 2 layer hut (like the closed section of a rabbit hutch) so he can hide if he wants to. (if have to do something anyway as he ate the wallpaper off that wall)
it was be 60-70 cm in height
70cm width and 40cm depth
would that be big enough for a two storey bedroom
thats the corner he sits on - thoyught it would be nicer if it was more cosy?

Last edited:
THat's 2.29 ft x 1.31 ft., that's very small. How can any bun move around in such tiny space?

It's also hard to understand the above what you are trying to make w/o a photo

i really like the dog crate in this post
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=172425

but with my crate I cant attach beams to do that. So was thinking of making a seperate hut. In the corner the bun sitc between stool legs so I thought id get rid of the stool and make a two tier "hut" the upstairs being closed with a door to the front so he can hide if he wants.

its only for him to hide in....like a larger igloo type thing....

would that be ok?

Back