• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my New Bunnies! U/D now named Sora & Smudge

tigerangel

Warren Veteran
Please welcome my new bunnies! I went to the rescue centre today and these are the pair we picked, to my surprise my husband actually fell for them before I did :lol: They are coming home with us tomorrow!! :love: They could have come today but I didnt have the hutch ready so they're coming tomorrow instead~

Sacha and Jasper (I'd like to rename them, suggestions welcome!)

newbuns.jpg

Sacha is a 2 year old neutered female, black with 2 tiny flecks of white on her forehead. She is as grumpy as Luna used to be back when we first got her but Sacha let me stroke her and pick her up! The lady at the rescue centre said that, were it not for us and our experience, she would never be rehomed ;_; In fact she said that Sacha was "Worse than Luna" but I don't think she is, since she didn't go for either of us~

Jasper is a 6 month old male, totally black. I haven't had a rabbit so small since Lily was a baby *_* Speaking of Lily though, he has the same temperment and personality she did and he is totally sweet! He is Sacha's bonded friend so we wouldn't dream of separating them D: seeing them together was just so cute, grooming each other like best friends *_* He was only neutered 2 days ago so I think he may be a little delicate for a while!

We were going to take Twizz (from my other thread) but to my surprise he has made leaps and bounds in the last 3 weeks so I am happy that he will soon find a loving home of his own :D

I feel a bit bad that they have no grass to graze on during the day (I decided to rake over and re-seed the run a week and a half ago and the new grass hasn't started growing yet) but hopefully they won't mind too much if I let them out in the smaller run for 2 or 3 hours after work for concentrated grazing time ^^

I had to buy another pet carry case and will be doing a Hay Experts order tonight for hay and toys/playmats/etc as I'm caught out only having basic food and a bag of hay in stock :lol:

Last edited:
They are lovely but you will have to keep a check on the males bits if he has only been neutered two days..most rescues won't let them go until a week after neuter:?

They are lovely but you will have to keep a check on the males bits if he has only been neutered two days..most rescues won't let them go until a week after neuter:?

Absolutely - They said that's their normal rehoming policy but they know us quite well so they must trust that we can handle it. All the same, they are writing me a few notes this evening about it so I know what to keep an eye out for and he will be thoroughly looked at by the vet before he comes home :D

They currently have 33 bunnies in and are desperate for space for incoming buns and to separate off existing litters born on-site, which is why they are letting them go a few days early with a few medical notes attached :)

I surprised myself by choosing these two over a pair of english breeds (I have a total love affair with english markings!) but these little black ones were less likely to find a home - I have never had black buns before :D

Just done a hay experts order especially for them :love: another £40 gone :lol:

Awwwww, they're beautiful. :love::love::love:

Out of interest, what did they say about the size of your accomodation? (I know from one of your other threads, you were considering a group of 3 buns but wasn't sure if the housing was big enough for them.)

Awwwww, they're beautiful. :love::love::love:

Out of interest, what did they say about the size of your accomodation? (I know from one of your other threads, you were considering a group of 3 buns but wasn't sure if the housing was big enough for them.)

We didn't get that far :lol: they knew we were coming and showed us the 'saddest case first' and that was it :p sold! There was also the fact my husband was previously quite reluctant to get another bun so soon but he 'clicked' with these two instantly, I couldn't deny him that instant connection, it's so rare to find!

I should have found out but I can always ask 'for future reference' when I pick these two up tomorrow :)

They are indeed little beauties :love:

The grumpy one has a bit of a squeaky grunt - I suggested (only half seriously) that we call them Bubble and Squeak and my husband went YEAH WE TOTALLY SHOULd!! :lol: Watch this space I guess!

We didn't get that far :lol: they knew we were coming and showed us the 'saddest case first' and that was it :p sold! There was also the fact my husband was previously quite reluctant to get another bun so soon but he 'clicked' with these two instantly, I couldn't deny him that instant connection, it's so rare to find!

I should have found out but I can always ask 'for future reference' when I pick these two up tomorrow :)

Awww, it's lovely that your husband has bonded with them. :love::love:

Yeah I was really quite taken back by his immediate love for these two! :love:

They had a bit of a scuffle yesterday when we brought them home and he was so worried about them and concerned that they would have to be split up etc but they have settled down again now and made friends again, hope it stays that way!
friends.jpg

I'm sorry to drag up an oldish thread but I figured there was not much point making a new thread just to announce names :oops:

Sacha and Jasper are now Sora and Smudge :love:

And they are very, very happy here now and settled in properly :love:

sleepybuns.jpg

Awwww look at their cute little faces good to see them settled so quickly I can see why you fell for them :love:

Back