• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wagg Pellets

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
do people use them? are they any good? they have them in tescos right now for a £1 for 2.5kg how is that even possible :shock::shock::shock:

I have used them in the past when I ran out of SS and didnt have any problems - the fibre content was quite high if I remember rightly

they say they are made with grass... i know grass hay before its dried out but what type is it? i know that SS is alfalfa and oxbow use timothy..

sooooo confusing all these foods :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and has anyone noticed the cost of broccoli has rocketed sky high £1.50 lb it was today at the market :shock::shock::shock: i got it from tescos instead at 85p lb

bloody bunnies are so spoiled :roll:

I think there are quite a few people on these forums who use Wagg Optimum. If you do a search on that I'm sure you'll find some of them. I haven't seen any posts negative about Wagg Optimum so far :)

I used to feed it but have switched to SS because SS has a better reputation and Wagg also sell dogg food but I don't think the makers of SS do.

I used to use wagg optimum pellets before We changed over to A&P. I didnt have any problems with the buns eating them, good glossy coats, good droppings etc.. :D

I changed them to A&P as a sack of that works out a hell of alot cheaper than wagg and faye picks me a sack up with the hay when she does farm run :D

Its much better than A+P and has 17.5% fibre so not too bad as long as Bun has a mostly hay based diet.
I use it for some Buns and may have to switch all of mine onto it as I cant keep up with the ever increasing price of SS :shock:

Oh and the £1 for 2.5kg in tesco, is this some sort of deal? If so i'm heading to tesco, that's great!

they only just started selling them last week.. no price and the pigs food is about £4... so i price checked it and it was £1 didnt beleive the scanny thing worked but it really was £1.

pricecheck before you buy hun, no sign of a deal price thing :D

whooooop whoooop they are still £1 a bag :D:D:D wish i could carry more than one at a time :lol::lol::lol:

i used to use it but now i have a fruitier mix from the garden centre but it was really good. we now use the wagg dog biscuits for the pup as she has such a sensitive stomach their the only biscuiots that agree with her

I use Wagg pellets, always have done for my bunnies. Have had no problems so far. I pay around £3 a bag at Asda, so will be off to Tesco later!

they say they are made with grass... i know grass hay before its dried out but what type is it? i know that SS is alfalfa and oxbow use timothy..

sooooo confusing all these foods :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and has anyone noticed the cost of broccoli has rocketed sky high £1.50 lb it was today at the market :shock::shock::shock: i got it from tescos instead at 85p lb

bloody bunnies are so spoiled :roll:

You want purple sprouting brocolli in that case for posh buns. *whispers* don't tell my lot I only paid £39p lb for it the green grocer and he gave me free carrot tops.

Last edited:
I've used Wagg Optimum ever since a breeder advised me as a couple of my bunnies were being selective and there was lots of wast in what I was using. Don't have this problem with Wagg Optimum and all my buns love it. I get mine from Sainsburys £2.89 a bag but it's on offer at the moment but not as cheap as Tesco so I'll be off there tomorrow !!!:wave:

bargain worht tryng as at the moment we are using excel dwarf and babies for the babies as advised. Dont know if thats right but what do i know.:oops:

Back