• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where...? :(

Please go to a rescue rather than supporting P@H or other pet shops - there are already way too many unwanted animals in rescues.

Heres a list of rescues, might be a good idea to contact some in your area to find out if they have any minilops in at the moment http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

Theres 3 rescues in my area on there :)
thanks
TYNE & WEAR
Northumberland Rabbit & Small Animal Rescue
44 Howarth Street
Tel: 07760400560 / Email / Website

Cornerhouse Animal Rescue
304 Horsley Road, Barmston, Washington, Tyne & Wear, NE38 8HS
Tel: 0191 4171547 / Website

Pawz for Thought
c/o 7 AppleyTerr, Roker, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR6 0NR
Tel: 0191 5675194 / Website

i want a supsific breed though x

I thought you had picked some rabbits at a rescue? :?

Mini lops are very sweet, but PLEASE don't get them from the pet shop. The pet shop might tell you it's a mini lop, and then they keep growing and turn into much bigger bunnies. Or they get their gender wrong and you end up with babies. And then you won't be very popular on this forum, as we don't like to give advice which is then ignored.

Please, please, please do not go to a pet shop or breeder - thousands & thousands of bunnies across the country that end up in rescues each because of pet shops & breeders :cry::cry::cry:

I'd also urge you not just to focus on one breed in particular - lots & lots of different breeds are wonderul bunnies - not just mini lops.

I thought you had picked some rabbits at a rescue? :?

Mini lops are very sweet, but PLEASE don't get them from the pet shop. The pet shop might tell you it's a mini lop, and then they keep growing and turn into much bigger bunnies. Or they get their gender wrong and you end up with babies. And then you won't be very popular on this forum, as we don't like to give advice which is then ignored.

When I was younger, I got one of my first bunnies from a pet shop (never again!!!) I was told he was a mini lop. Well...he kept growing and growing!!! He was HUGE!!! My fiance's sister got a 'male' bunny from P@H. Turned out to be a female :roll:

I'd also encourage you to rescue, not buy from a pet shop.

There are so many bunnies that are in rescue and by buying from a petshop you may only be adding to the problem that rescues are trying so hard to overcome!

Pet shops fairly often mis-sell bunnies so as others have said, you may think you are buying a mini lop, but it may in fact not be.

Please rescue not buy.

Don't just get a one from a petshop because 'it's the easiest thing to do' as they dont give a :censored: where these poor buns are going.

PLease, contact your nearest rescue:)

Back