• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Help

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
My bonded pair, Dude and poppy were separated for a day about two weeks ago while Poppy (female) went for an op. Since then Dude constantly chases her and tries to hump her. I mean every single second he's pestering her and she can't eat for him chasing her away. I'm really worried and am not doing well at all with my mental health and don't feel I can cope with this. I've just been in tears sitting in with them as its so bad. Please can someone help me - I can't carry on and do nothing :-(

how big is the area they are in ... go smaller ...even to a pet carrier if need be ...you need to cut down on space to chase ..

hope they settle soon .

how big is the area they are in ... go smaller ...even to a pet carrier if need be ...you need to cut down on space to chase ..

hope they settle soon .

Thanks for the reply. I'll set up the play pen in the shed tomorrow. The shed area they have is 5ft by 8 foot

Find a neutral territory and rebond them as if they have never met before. Go back to a restricted space and do not touch, move them for 48 hours then slowly increase the area they are in if their behaviour allows.

thats a lot of space to chase in ... the theory is less space ...leass room to chase ... hope it works ..

if not perhaps go back to neutral space somewhere out of the shed .. ;)

good luck :wave:

thanks to both of you :)
I had said to OH today that i though i may need to re-bond them - will start tomorrow.

Thanks a lot - it's put my mind at rest a little
:wave:

Back