• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

proud of neighbour

bunlover

Warren Veteran
my little neighbour opposite came round yeaterday as she wanted to show me the school rabbits she is looking after on weekends. i have to say i was a bit concerned as thought oh no school bunnys.... she proudly told me they have both been neutered.. (one male one female) and the teacher bonded them in a nuetral area cuz they would fight...(good for teacher!)and they have a reasonable size cage which is permenantly open with a run. she also picks them dandilions adn gives them fresh hay all the time!. i chatted to her a while adn found they had been vaccinated too, and that she said she doesnt think her school shoudl have them cuz the ot :):) hte children are sometimes noisy so she is extra happy they at her house as they can have quiet weekends with her to really enjoy being bunnys! so mature for a 10 yr old her mum is a real animal lover and takes responsibility for them but paige is happy to clean them out and asked me to come in to see them as didnt want to bring them outside as the draft is bad for them!! :):) they are house rabbits as such.. tho the school also has a recently neutered male who lives outdoors at moment who they are getting a spayed female for company. just proud that she has learnt so much and was showing me the right way she been shown to pick up the bunny! :) (perfectly) luckily al lthe bunnys seem to be very laid back duthes enjoying storkes and cuddles... in good health! im proud she showing such good rabbit care towards them and wondered if its come from the mum or teachers but either way she imparting the knowledge to her peers so thats good! :)

Awww, Paige sounds like a lovely child!

Not sure I like the idea of school bunnies very much - hard not to imagine them being terrorised by some of the little horrors!

Great that Paige and her teacher know what they're doing though:)

Stories like this restore your faith in mankind. There are some people out there who care about the animals they're looking after. Well done to Paige and her Mum!

Back