• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foxes

bunlover

Warren Veteran
jsut want everyone to be extra vigilant. i have now got a "freindly" fox who comes into my garden. i work odd hours and went to feed buns at 3.30am adn he was ther.. chased him off. then when i left the house at 4am he was out the front a freind of mine said they are also being sighted in our area in the day time. be extra vigilant and ensure added protection covers over hutches bolts etc etc. x

I think foxes are particularly brave at this time of year because they have extra mouths to feed and will often be out in the daytime looking for an easy meal. Urban foxes have lost much of there fear of man too, especially if people feed them. It was midday in early spring when I had a bun taken some years ago. I had just popped into the house for a few moments...:cry:

Behind my house is an industrial estate and fields. The last few days I've been watching foxes from my daughters bedroom window. It really amazed me just how brave they are - they go quite close to the men having their lunch and just stand and look at the men when they try to shoo them. I have no doubts that they would have my bunnies in a minute if they weren't so secure.

I know I have gone on about this ad nauseum but Urban Foxes have no fear and they will enter a house without any problem :evil:
Finding a disemboweled HOUSE RABBIT is a trauma I would hate anyone else to endure :cry: :cry:
I am poorly at the mo' and one of my flashbacks I am constantly having is of the day Jack's Brother Ronan was murdered by a Fox that came into my house :cry: It was the most horrific scene.

:cry: :cry:

I know I have gone on about this ad nauseum but Urban Foxes have no fear and they will enter a house without any problem :evil:
Finding a disemboweled HOUSE RABBIT is a trauma I would hate anyone else to endure :cry: :cry:
I am poorly at the mo' and one of my flashbacks I am constantly having is of the day Jack's Brother Ronan was murdered by a Fox that came into my house :cry: It was the most horrific scene.

:cry: :cry:

What a horrible thing to happen :shock::cry::cry:

What a horrible thing to happen :shock::cry::cry:

It happened on the 10th November 2004, a day I can never forget. Jack witnessed the murder of his Brother. It was Jack's screams that alerted me to what was happening. The Fox came in via an open window in my kitchen

:cry:

It happened on the 10th November 2004, a day I can never forget. Jack witnessed the murder of his Brother. It was Jack's screams that alerted me to what was happening. The Fox came in via an open window in my kitchen

:cry:

I think I may have read about it on the Rabbits Rehome pages somewhere. Was that your bun?

Donna has also found a fox asleep on her dog bed which was in her lounge in her old house. If you have cat flaps and indoor bunnies please be aware as they are also known to gain access that way.

God they are some terrifying stories. Especially yours Jane :(. that must've been horrific!

I can't wait for the worry to be over when i move back home and the buns will be safely locked in the shed (bolts and padlocks)!

As someone else posted they are extra cheeky at this time of year and so stealthy. I had a fox take one of my hens some years ago when I was only about 6 metres away - they are so silent and by the time you notice anything it is always too late :cry:. I'd never leave a bunny unattended in a garden even to pop in the house for a second.

Our resident buns have got a large 6ft high hexagonal enclosure with a ledge at the top to stop foxes and then an electric fence round that too but they are still ALWAYS locked up at night into hutches.

OOOh that is soooo scary! I leave Smudge unattended in the garden all day if I am home but I will go into town etc and leave him out there - only cats around here and not that many of them. But, made me think!

Foxes are one of the reasons we've changed our set up in the garden to a fully enclosed aviary - so there is no way they can get in to them.

We don't have a lot of foxes round here, but I have known them come into my neighbours garden & also seen 1 run down our drive some time ago when I opened the door to a takeaway deliver man :shock:

We have a fox back after a good two years of having none.I went out to check on Willow earlier and noticed one of the large staples holding the wire on front of the bunny shed door is missing.I have also had a fox cub in the house many years ago.He bit my dog,I got him by the scruff of the neck and threw him out the door

Back